Part 3

Y/N made eye contact with the bard. Getting lost in his eyes for a moment before remembering where he was.

"Hello." He mumbled. The bard got closer and into his personal space. Now that the bard was closer he started to notice more details about him. The colour of his hair, starting off black then fading into blue in his braids. Eyes that felt like he was looking into the sky on a beautiful spring morning, no cloud in sight. The curves of his waist. His thoughts are interrupted again when the bard starts to speak.

"What's the birthday boy doing all alone over here? Thought you would have been the centre of attention." The bard had his hands behind his back and leaned forward toward Y/N. His braids swayed with his movement.

"I am not a big fan of crowds." Y/N admits. Wringing his hands as he looks anywhere but at the bard. The bard doesn't let him though, sidestepping in front of Y/N so he doesn't have a choice but to look at him. The bard had a knowing smirk as well but what the bard seemed to know, Y/N wasn't sure.

"Hopefully I can help with that." The bard bowed at the waist holding his hand out for Y/N to take. "The name is Venti The Bard." Y/N placed his hand into Venti's and brought it up to his mouth giving it a light kiss. "But I don't mind if you want to call me something else." He let go of Y/N's hand, it dropping back down to his side trying not to fidget.

There was an awkward silence between the two for a moment before. Venti went to open his mouth to start talking again but was interrupted by a booming voice of (Y/N)s father calling for everyone's attention. The entire room went silent and brought their attention to the front of the room where (Y/N)s father stood. "Thank you everyone for coming to my eldest son's birthday." (Y/N) and his father make eye contact. Telling him with his eyes to come stand with his family at the front. (Y/N) hesitated for a moment, not wanting to stand in front of the crowd of people but slowly moved towards his father. Leaving Venti in the crowd.

"Today is the day he will come of age and will soon be expected to take the throne from me." (Y/N)s father continues as they stand beside each other. "We will soon be heading to the ballroom where music will be played by the best bards in the land and dances will be held." (Y/N)s father looks at him from the corner of his eye. "And maybe some lucky woman will get a chance to dance with my son." (Y/N) hears whispers erupt from the crowd when his father says that, but he doesn't dwell on it long as the crowd starts heading to the large ballroom in his family's castle.

The walls were white with gold highlights. The roof had a mural painting in it of the sky. There were tables set around the edge of the room with pastries, finger food and drinks for the guests to snack on. The bards were gathering around the head of the room where a servant was but the bard (Y/N) met earlier wasn't with them. He was about to look around before the hairs on the back of his neck stood.

"Lost you in the crowd." Ventis angelic voice said from behind him. (Y/N) turned around to face him. "But it was quite easy to find you. A flower in a garden full of weeds." Venti walked around (Y/N), who turned with Venti. Trying to keep him in front of him. "But sadly I must leave you again. I must set up for my performance." Venti started to walk backwards towards the other bards. Somehow steering clear of the people around them. "I do hope you enjoy the music I'm going to play for you."

And like at the start of the party (Y/N) was alone again. He so dearly wanted to leave the party and hide away. Perhaps the garden? His room would be too risky if people started to realise his absence. That would be one of the first places they look. But he couldn't. He had to stay for Venti. The bard with the angelic voice and mesmerising eyes. He sighed as he made his way towards one of the many tables that held drinks. He grabbed a cup, trying to curl in on himself to try and make him smaller hoping the party will forget about it. But he knew that was stupid. It was his party after all.

— — —

It wasn't long until music took over the room. (Y/N) looked over to see who was playing. He wasn't met with Venti but the music was still pleasant to listen to. He could see venti behind the current musicians talking to some of the other bards his father highered. (Y/N) must have been staring too long since Venti's eyes soon met his. Venti smiled and gave a little wave. (Y/N) blushed before looking away and around the crowd.

It wasn't long until people started to come up to (Y/N). Trying to have conversations with him but they all just ended up with them leaving (Y/N) when all he would give was short, one worded replies to what they were saying. He would look anywhere but at the person talking to him. Some women even asked him to dance but they were all refused. This is what always happened when there were parties. He would always be asked to dance by the women who attend the parties, but they would all be met with the same fate. A quiet 'No thank you my lady.'

(Y/N) was getting tired of this party already and the urge to leave became stronger with every passing second. But he didn't want to disappoint Venti. Leaving before he could hear him sing. Maybe a short break won't hurt? (Y/N) thought to himself. 'I'll stay close to the door.' And with that in mind he made his way towards the door to the garden. He did look back at Venti once. He was still talking quietly with the other bards. (Y/N) had to force himself to continue walking to the door.

Once he finally made it to the garden he took a deep breath of the cool evening air. There was barely anyone out here. Just a couple people who were probably feeling the same as him. He made his way over to one of the many benches. He sat down and let out a soft sigh. Sitting in the garden felt relieving compared to the stuffy and crowded ballroom that made (Y/N)s skin crawl. He was just starting to feel relaxed from the cool breeze against his skin when an angelic voice broke the silence.

"All alone again Birthday Boy? That won't do."