3. The Journey Begins

"You don't know that. He might have forgiven us. He might of forgiven you." Emily stepped closer.

"He will never see the side of reason. Don't you realize we will never return?" I shook my head. We stood in silence for a moment. "Where will he come?"

"Greece, we think." Lance rubbed the back of his neck. I rubbed my temples.

"You have to know. Think is never good enough." I didn't need this right now. Why was he coming anyway? None of it made sense.

"We'll check and make sure. Amber and I will go." Erik said.

"You must go and fly fast and hard. Emily and Lance, you need to track his motions and when he will come. I don't care what you do, but I want it down to the exact second." They nodded and set off. I waited for someone to come back with information. No one came. I fell asleep waiting. My alarm woke me the next morning. Still nobody came. I went to school to keep my mind busy. It didn't help. I was sitting on a bench out front.

"Alia!" I turned and saw Jake running up to me. Then I remembered something. I had totally left him yesterday.

"Hey Jake. Look, I'm sorry about yesterday. I didn't mean to leave you alone." He sat close next to me.

"It's fine, no worries. I'm sure it was an emergency." He smiled. My wings fluttered a bit. But not because I hadn't let them out, but at his smile.

"Yeah, family emergency. Thanks for understanding." I smiled too. Which I didn't do a lot of.

"Jake, there you are." Rachel was standing behind us.

"What? I just told where-"

"What are you doing?" She cut him off.

"What does it look like I'm doing?" He shook his head.

"I'll just leave you two alone." I started to stand but Jake grabbed my wrist.

"No, it's fine." His voice was almost pleading. I sat back down.

"Alia, maybe you should go." Rachel sneered.

"No, I think I'll stay. I was just talking with Jake here." I nodded. "Maybe you should be the one to leave Rachel."

"Why you little-"

"I agree with, Alia." Jake cut her off. "Maybe you should leave Rachel." She stormed off. I turned and smiled at Jake.

"That was pretty hilarious." I nodded.

"You think? Rachel has been acting weird ever since you got here. Guess she's jealous." He shrugged. Slowly, he laid his arm out behind me. His body moved a tad close to mine. We sat in silence for a minute. All was at peace. Then thunder clouds began to roll in. The wind picked up. Lance set down hard in front of us.

"Lance!" I yelled. Jake sat there staring at Lance, wide eyed and sort of scared.

"Who is this?" One of his fisted hands rose and he pointed at Jake.

"You are being rather childish." I crossed my arms. He was sort of pissing me off. My wings strained against my jacket. Oh screw it, I thought and tore off my jacket. I expanded my wings. Lance took a small step back.

"You didn't answer my question." He bravely stepped forward.

"I don't plan to." My voice was low and rough. "You are acting rashly." I said in the sacred tongue of Angels. "This is not in the nature of an angel. You are acting like a human. Jealousy taking control of your mind." I rose an inch or two off the ground. Lance stepped back once more. Now he really was scared.

"Alia, no, please do not look down upon me like that." He kneeled before me. "I realize that my actions were unreasonable. Please forgive me." I landed back on the ground and brought in my wings a bit. I had made my point.

"That was so awesome." I turned and saw Jake still sitting on the bench.

"You realize that I have to wipe your memory now."

"Why? A simple trick of the eyes was all. You're probably hooked into a harness. Got a wind machine. The clouds are just a coincidence." He stood.

"No, this was all real. No special effects or anything." I shook my head. "Proof," I turned and gestured to my wings.

"Nice try, but I know the truth. What are these things made of anyway?" He reached forward and touched my wing. I jerked my wings back. "What? I just want to feel them."

"Feel at the base. Where it connects with my back. Pull on it and see if it comes off." I wanted to experiment.

"Alia," Lance came forward a bit. I shot him a warning look.

"Alright, let me feel the whole thing first." Jake reached for my wings again. His hands started at the edge of my wing. Slowly, he ran them down my wing. I shuddered slightly. The feeling was weird but nice. Then his hands came in contact with my back. His hands slid across my back. Then he grip my wing and tugged on it. He pulled a but harder.

"See," I said.

"What did you glue these things on here with?" Jake kept trying to pull my wings off.

"Ok that's enough." Lance stepped forward and pushed Jake back.

"Dude, what is your problem?" Jake shook his head.

"You need to have your memory wiped. You've seen too much." Lance shook his head.

"Too much of what? Special effects? None of this is real." Jake waved his arms around.

"He doesn't believe." I whispered. "He's the first person I have ever met, who doesn't believe." I stared at Jake intently for a moment.

"No, Alia. I know that look. It is a no." Lance shook his head.

"It's my decision." I raised an eyebrow. "You up for an adventure Jake?" I crossed my arms.

"Of course, where are we headed?" Jake looked between the two.

"Greece."