Chapter 4: Unexpected reunion

AN: I know chapter 3 took me awhile, I was very excited to start this one. Hope you enjoy it.

Chapter 4

Courtneys POV

9:00am

Today wasn't just another day it was officially Serenity's first day of pre school. My heart had this overwhelming feeling that I think all parents get when they face the reality of there kids growing up. I got a little emotional looking back from the moment she was a baby to now going to school.

I tried not to cry as we walked towards a crosswalk, this morning started a little off.

I thought I had set my alarm only to discover that I forgot to turn it on, followed by waking up Serenity getting her ready and make breakfast. Thankfully I had prepared her lunch the day before, I could only imagine what it would of been like if I hadn't.

Then I had to get myself ready a quick shower, blow dry, followed by makeup ( mostly eye liner and mascara), getting dressed I settled with a light beige one piece short sleeved dress with black wedges and finishing off with my jean jacket.

Since having my daughter I felt that I hadn't changed much but to others they said I had. Some changes were that I grew a little taller, my body looked to have gotten more curves, my hair was now down to the middle of my back and in a long layered haircut with face shaping in the front which took a little convincing from Bridgette for me to do. I did what I could to maintain fit and it seems that it showed.

Once I had my book bag and purse along with making sure Serenity had even before we finally headed out.
I was suppose to have Serenity at school before 8:30 I hope her teacher is understanding since it's the first day.

Waiting for the light to change before we crossed I felt the grip on my hand get tighter, looking down I see the sad and nervous expression on Serenity's little face.
" Hey what's wrong honey? " I asked looking up to see the signal to walk appear allowing us to cross, " I'm scared " answers Serenity's little voice her eyes shining with tears and her little lips making a pout.

I had a feeling this would happen but even myself I felt sad ( as well as overwhelmed ), " sweetie we've talked about this it's scary at first but your gonna have fun " I explained as we got to the other side seeing the school coming into view, " also your teacher is very nice and you'll make friends too " I added trying to ensure her that it was going to be fun. Looking up to me " but I wanna stay with you mommy " she breathed on the verge of crying .

As we arrived at the school we walked up to the front door, kneeling down to her level I hold both her hands

Taking a breath I smile at her " I know you do but once school is done I'm gonna come right here and pick you up " I said in hopes it will make her smile " promise " she asks slowly smiling again, " I promise now let's go to school " I said opening the building doors.

Making our way down the hallway I keep an eye out for the classroom which for beginners which was called the turtle 🐢 room but then I immediately notice a cute bright sign on the door saying...