Chapter 261: Screwing With Time

"Aniki..."

Instantly, Shinji woke up from his inactivity. He felt as if he had just drowned a moment ago.

"Right... We are fighting against 'it'. Sakura made that temporary base inside the Imaginary Number Space, but..."

Memories of his struggles popped up. his aniki's disappearance was followed by his wives who went separate ways to chase him. After that, the cataclysmic event happened. Turns out, the chat group was made all for that purpose.

"...What is this?"

When he checked his palms, it is not ones wrought with calluses and wounds. It is smooth and soft, just like...

"Just like my childhood..?!"

He looked around and saw the ruined place. Craters are present left and right, soil replacing the previous cemented grounds. The stars in the sky twinkled, yet he knew that this is similar to Sakura's Imaginary Number Space–a place farther than reality.

"What did just... Aniki locked time itself, so nobody should've been able to travel back..."

Then, he recalled a certain memory that he had. It gathered dust in his mind, but he somehow caught hold of it. The silver card that he used back when they went against Altair decades ago. It granted him the abilities of his future self from what he recalled. Though, he is sure that nothing like this happened.

Shinji habitually opened his [Dimensional Storage]. When he looked at its contents, he was surprised to find out that many things are gone. The array of SSR and UR weapons that he uses as well as his potion stash for unexpected situations... have disappeared.

He took out the familiar [Ice Spear] gifted by his aniki.

"This is nostalgic."

During that time, it broke down. The UR weapon could not bear the weight and stress that he subjected it to.

"S...R?"

Once again, he was befuddled.

'Just what is happening right now?'

Bam-!

He saw a pillar of black light descending upon an entity multiple times. Then, he felt it. He was weaker than he used to be. His concept-breaking powers did not heed his call.

"This..." Something clicked in his mind. "Was I sent back into the past?!"

He quickly denied it. Even now, he felt an impending sensation–one that he is sure to not escape from. There's another sensation, however. It enables him to regain his powers for a short period.

Knowing that his time here might be limited, he tore that seal open.

"Huh?"

He saw a phantom of himself, one older than his current child-like appearance, merge into him. Moments later, the sensation of power came back.

Infinite Spear Series.

The technique that was derived from his best friend, the Lord of Dragon Nest. He is also the origin behind his first UR ability, Yu Ilhan. He had a spear technique called "Transcendent Trajectory", which was shown to Shinji while all of his kids are having a football match.

That's right. Yu Ilhan has a large harem that made it possible to hold a football match with his children alone.

(A/N: 11 Players are the maximum in football.)

"Those are... Artoria-nee and Altair-nee..?"

He remembered the reason why they are fighting. That huge misunderstanding was worsened by that existence. It came off as a confusion to him that they did not attribute Altair's anomaly to the single thing that should have made it possible.