Chapter 1: Some Good Laughs

I have overthrown the shadow government. Soon, you and the solar system are next, Nyte.

START

Malware hummed to himself as he heard a scream. And then another....and another, before a giant panic started as an explosion was heard, and then another explosion went off. He laughed a little at seeing that beautiful day turn into something bad before leaping to another building, and sitting down once more. It was beautiful really, seeing them all run and scour like little roaches after being discovered, running away from their deaths.

He watched, seeing the death count go up as wisps would go inside of the people, eating them from the inside out before multiplying using the resources inside of the humans and growing larger, like a virus. They began to spread, and soon enough, he saw a signal light up the sky as it formed a bat on the clouds. He giggled, excited to see how they would handle this as he started to form a cup of joe. A little something to enjoy the show.

M!404: "I wonder how they'll handle the wisps. They might not be much of an issue now, but give them a day or two and they'll really be in trouble."

He could feel a singular soul, one that had much more of a heavy presence than the others, start to zoom across the city at fast speeds before it was followed by many others. He could see the silhouette of a man, one who was covered in heavy armor as info about them seeped into his mind.

M!404: "Interesting...very interesting! He might be able to clear it up with all of those little sidekicks he has... Though if they miss even one of those wisps, things might get messy for them. Especially since they're so close already to the second stage of their lifetimes. They should be grateful that I even bothered making it something they can clear up."

He then disappeared into nothing but pixels, deciding that he'd rather watch for a bit before he heard some gunshots and laughter, right before a large explosive went off and more screams followed. Quickly, those pixels started to zoom around the city before the laughter was heard a bit better and M!404 could make out a silhouette amongst the smoke before a wisp charged at them.

It didn't really make it far until it was shot through the head, making it whimper and try to escape before they were stomped on. It screamed in agonizing pain before popping, a small chuckle escaping the silhouette.

???: "Now this is what I call a party! I wanted little ol' Batsy to come back so I can have a few laughs, but this is better! Something a little-" he took a few deep breaths "-fresh! That was the word I was looking for!"

M!404 looked at this figure, information seeping into him as he smiled, seeing all the sins and deaths this particular man has caused, all the horrors and ways he tormented people giving something fresh to M!404's head. Though at the same time, some of these were a bit...extreme. Not like it bothered him too much. It amused him how cruel humans could be to themselves.

He looked over and saw a woman with him wearing a tight latex clown outfit, split down the middle with red and black. Her skin was as pale and white as the guy with green hair... Joker and Harley Quinn? So that was their names...

Joker: "What do you think, Harley? Isn't it just lovely today?"

Harley: "Just beautiful Mista J!" She did a little twirl, not caring for the fact she was squishing the dead wisp. "Aw, you know, these things are kinda cute when they're dead. We should get one as a pet!"

Joker: "Hmm, maybe! It could make for little guard dogs!"

M!404: "Good to know you like my little creation."