020. old friends, new enemies!

CHAPTER TWENTY !

CHAPTER TWENTY !

.*

        ANOTHER DAY WENT BY, glenn wanted to give merle to the governor and declare a truce. hershal wanted merle to stay because he had military experience and extreme loyalty to his brother.

hershal had been talking to merle and decided that he was actually okay. clearly, hershal hadn't seen the side of merle that everyone else had. estella hadn't either, but she could just tell what type of person he was by the look of him.

meanwhile, estella was having a rare moment with daryl. he had gotten angry because of the way people were talking about his brother, and gone into estella's cell, because she was the only person that never nagged at him, and for an eight year old, actually gave very good advice.

he had drawn her a picture, and she was colouring it in. she learnt that he was quite a good artist, but only cartoony things, not realistic.

carol walked in, smiling at the two, daryl slumped on the bed with a sketchbook in one hand and a pencil in the other, his tongue sticking out of his mouth in concentration as estella picked out all the right colours to colour with.

"this is a sight for sore eyes." carol smiled from the doorway.

"shut up." daryl scoffed, putting down the book.

"i haven't had a chance to say, i'm glad you came back." carol said.

"to what, all this?" daryl asked, pointing outside of the cell where they'd all previously been arguing.

"this is our home." carol said, sitting down with him.

"this is a tomb." daryl replied.

"that's what t-dog called it. thought he was right till you found me." she said, he just gave her a small smile. "he's your brother, but he's not good for you. don't let him bring you down. after all, look how far you've come."

the two of them just laughed. he was sitting in a prison cell, and they were talking about how far he'd come.

"i'm being serious, though. your family is here, too. estella, me, everyone. we were sad without you, weren't we, estella?" carol said. the girl nodded.

"extremely. hey, daryl, what colour hair is this man gonna have?" she asked, carol just smiled and walked out.

"hm. let's say... blue." daryl said, "make him look all funky."