-A friend-

(A/N: This is a modern AU were Yuichiro's still alive. And, MITSURI 🤭💍)

Muichiro's pov:
I was staring at the food Yuichiro made me, as I zoned out. While I was lost in my thoughts, I heard someone yelling at me but I couldn't make up what they were trying to say to me until I felt a slap across my face. I flinched and I felt the place were I got hit, turn bright red. "What was that for?!" I yelled at my elder brother. He shrugged. "Maybe stop zoning out when I'm trying to talk to you, dumbass." He continued eating his breakfast. I gave him a hateful glance and continued eating my food.

After I finished my breakfast I brought my plate to the kitchen and went upstairs to get ready for school.  

*Time skip presented by my lazy ass*

"MUICHIRO YOU'RE GOING TO BE LATE AGAIN!" I looked at my alarm clock which said it was as 8.40AM. Shit, shit, I'm running late once again! I grabbed my bag and rushed downstairs, as I struggled to put on my jacket, Yuichiro tossed me my lunch and waited for me in the hallway since we had to start on the same hour.

On our way to school Yuichiro scolded me for being late again while I checked if I had packed the right stuff for today.

When we arrived I saw Tanjiro and some of my other friends waiting for me in front of the school gates. "Muichiro! Over here!" I looked beside me to see that Yuichiro already left, so I went over to my friends. "Good morning Muichiro!" Tanjiro said excited. I gave him a friendly gaze and I examined who was with him; Inosuke, Kanao, Zenitsu, Nezuko and one other person I couldn't remember, he didn't seem familiar to me. He was tall, had a scar across his face and he had a jet black mohawk with yellow tips at the ends of his hair. I elbowed Tanjiro and questioned who he was, he told me that the guy's name was Genya and that he had transferred from another class to ours.

"You should definitely try to talk to him, I'm sure you two can get along!" Tanjiro stated as we entered our classroom.

Genya's  pov:
I felt gazes fixed upon me as I entered my new classroom, which made me kinda uncomfortable. The teacher turned around and questioned "You must be Genya Shinazugawa?" I faced him. "Yeah, that's me." The teacher assigned me my seat, which was next to a girl I saw with Tanjiro this morning.

As I sat down and started unpacking my bag, I felt someone someone tapping my shoulder. "Genya, right?" I turned around to see the female next to me now resting her hand on my shoulder. "Are you perhaps family of Sanemi Shinazugawa?" I nodded. "Yeah, he's my elder brother but we're almost nothing alike." She laughed. "I see, I always associate my brother with him, they both have a short temper!" I couldn't help but laugh with her. "I'm Muichiro Tokito by the way, nice to meet you."

-After class-

As I walked out of class, Tanjiro accompanied me. "So, how was your talk with Tokito? Did you and him get along?" I looked at him in pure confusion. "Him? Is Tokito a male?" Tanjiro looked at me in disarray. "Wait, you thought Tokito was a female?" And after that he started laughing his ass off. I told him to shut up a few times but instead of that, he started mocking me even more.

After my very 'interesting' walk with Tanjiro, we both took turns and I went off to my house. My house was a pretty normal house in a decent neighborhood on a short walk from school. I walked into my front yard and took my keys out of my pocket to open the front door. "Nemi, I'm home!" I yelled from down the stairs. I heard some cursing coming from the laundry room and already guessed that my brother was in a third world-war with the washing machine again.