five | MORE & MORE

DELICATE DAYDREAM.
chapter five | more & more
SUMMARY; iris and derek's feelings continue to grow as they spend more time together
WARNINGS; none?, sexual tension!, slight language, bit of angst

"my feelings are growing more and more, but i don't want to get anymore attached..."

PREVIOUSLY...

iris stared right into his eyes and couldn't believe how incredible derek really was. he didn't understand how most of the pack saw him as means and brooding, not having a care in the world. he was insanely sweet and gentle, and quite the flirty person. he was very endearing and charming, always seeming to draw her to him like a magnet. she was beginning to develop feelings for him.

he made her feel as if she were always on cloud nine. he brought her a warmth and security she never knew existed. he was someone she would be willing to spend forever getting to know. she hated the fact this was only temporary. she would go back to seattle and chances are he would forget her and move on to someone else. someone from here and could give him something more real than she could give him.

but she didn't know how he felt for her. she didn't know how attached to her he was already. that he couldn't picture having feelings for another person. there was something about her he couldn't let go.

"you're quite terrifying, mr. hale." she whispered.

he raised an eyebrow at her, "how so?"

"i've been here almost three weeks and already i'm finding myself feelings things no one has ever made me feel before. you're making me feel so many things, and i don't know if i ever want it to stop." she explained, her voice incredibly soft and gentle. "the more time we spend together, i think i'm getting more attached to you."

"i know i'm getting a bit too attached to you, doll. all i want is to spend as much time with you as possible." he murmured, sitting up so he was face to face with her.

"what's stopping me is i don't want any of us to be hurt in the end when i go back home." she looked down at her lap.

not if i can change that, he thought to himself.

"why don't we deal with it when the time comes? because i know i'm starting to want you, i'm starting to want more. we can take it a slow as you want but i don't have control of my feelings." he told her, his hand coming up to cup her jaw gentle and his thumb rubbing her cheek soothingly.