Chapter 1

Ayla's POV

"Here." Jack says handing me my late.

"Thank you." I say lifting my head up from the table.

"I think you need a break from doing all your school work." He says rubbing my back.

"I can't I have to study for a huge English test next week that's worth 75% of my final grade of the year. Plus I have a four day weekend starting tomorrow. We can spend the whole weekend together, you and I. " I say taking a sip of my drink.

" I know babe, but you've been studying for the past three weeks and I think you need a little break. " He says sympathetically.

"I just need to finish my flash cards today and then I will be done." I say.

"Fine, but we should just stay in tonight. I can order Chinese and watch a few movies before going to sleep?" He asks.

"Sounds like a plan." I smile and he leans in to give me a kiss on the forehead.

We then leave the coffee shop and head to the apartment. Jack left to go hangout with a few of the new friends he had made and I stayed home to finish my cards and study. I turn on my computer and started to get a video call on Skype and saw that it was Shawn. I answer it and he looked like he just woke up.

"Well if it isn't our future to be Ms. Caniff. Finally answering my calls." He says .

"Hey Shawn I miss you so much and sorry I haven't been able to return your calls, I've been busy with school mostly and it's been really hard." I yawn.

"I miss you too and you look really tired. How have you been?" He asks.

"Tired, stressed, how about you?" I ask.

"Good, busy with music, the usual. Oh yeah, Jack." He says. "Have you even told him about your mom yet?"

"No, I plan on telling him tonight. I think he's suspicious when I'm constantly leaving the house." I reply.

"How have you not told him?" He questions.

"It's been a few months. Knowing what he had to go through before I can't see him through the pain again.." I say.

"Ayla," Shawn says,"8 months is not just a few months. You have been hiding something big from him for the past 8 months."

"I know, I know. I'm going to tell him tonight." I say looking at my flash cards not even realizing I've finished.

"You should've told him ages ago." He says.

"Well I'm telling him tonight," I say, turning my head towards the door hearing the key turn, "Jacks home, I'll call you some other time this week!"

"Alright, good luck." He says and I sign off.

Jack opens the door holding Chinese take out.
I turn my computer off and set my books in our room along with my laptop. I look at the time and realize that it's already 7. I change into a baggy shirt and sweat pants then throw my hair in a bun. Jack was wearing sweatpants as well. Only sweatpants. He set blankets and pillows on the living room floor so we could watch movies and eat the Chinese food.
He puts in Aladdin as it is one of my favorite movies. We begin to eat the food and start talking about our days.

"What'd you do with the boys after you left?"
I taking mine and his plate to the sink.

"Just hung out at Chase's." He says not taking his eyes off the screen,"how'd your studying go?"

"Boring," I say laying next to him," I finished though."

"About time." He chuckles.

"Tell me about it." I say remembering that I had to tell him about my mom.

"Listen." We both say at the same time."

I laugh,"Okay you go first."

"Well I just know you've been busy but hasn't it ever occurred to you that we've been dating for almost 3 years and we've still not have had sex? I just feel like you're not attracted me anymore and I know you're a virgin but I want to be your first and last. I understand if you're not ready but do you not want to have sex with me?" he asks.

I pause the movie,"Believe me I do want to have sex with you. I have wanted to have sex with you for the longest time. But I'm always doing college work and you're always busy with your social media life," I begin to say," I want you to be my first too and you will. Maybe we sometime soon like this weekend if you want too?"

"Finally! You have no idea how much dying to have sex with you." He exclaims.

I laugh and he joins along.

"You were saying?" He asks.

"Okay, I just have been keeping something from you. It's been really hard trying to not tell you, because I know how you would feel about me staying in college and all. The reason why I have been in out most of the times is not just because of school. But I have had to go to the hospital to care for my mom." I sigh.

"Wait what do you mean?" Jack questions.

"I mean, I have been in and out of the hospital for the past eight months helping my mom because she has stage four breast cancer," I started to feel tears run down my face," It started back when I decided to finish touring, it started as stage 1 then gradually got worse as her treatments were not having an affect on her cancer."

I can see the tears in his eyes start to form and run down his face,"Why have you been hiding this from me?"

"Jack, baby, listen I- I didn't want to put you in the situation of having to take a break from your job because of my problems. And knowing what you had to go through with your grandmother, I didn't want to see you hurt because of what happened to her and is now taking a part into my life."

He stands up and won't look at me."I understand where you're coming from but I seriously can't understand why you couldn't tell me something this important in your life is going on?" tears were falling from his cheek and onto the hardwood floor.

He looks back at me"And Taylor didn't even tell me? We're suppose to be best friends Ayla. You tell me everything and I tell you everything. Isn't a relationship suppose to be about trust?"

My heart shatters into a million pieces as he says that. "Jack listen I'm trying to tell you that I-"

"That you what? That you don't want me to be hurt because of what I had to go through? Ayla that was 3 fucking years ago! I'm not mourning over it anymore," he continues now yelling and is getting closer to me." I have told you everything that has happened in my life and tell you anything that you want to know. Even the smallest things. Now, I'm asking myself what else you've been hiding from me these past months? I can't believe you wouldn't tell me something so important to you especially about your mother!" He raises his arm and I thought he was going to slap me.

Realizing he was yelling he began to calm down and pull himself away from me. Jack and I had never fought like this before. I didn't think it would be so important to him. I began to be a little frightened as he showed the most anger I have ever seen from him.
I feel my tears rushing down my face as I began to run out the door, I grabbed my keys and purse on the way. He chases after me and grabs my arm but I push him away and got into my car and began to drive. 5 minutes later, my phone starts to blow up with calls and messages until what it had seem to be thirty minutes later. They were all from Jack.

Everything started running through my mind like crazy. My head felt like it was about to explode as the thoughts felt like missiles being launched into my brain. Why didn't I tell Jack 8 months ago? Why didn't I just accept the fact that I was going to have to tell him? Where the hell am I going? Before I knew it, I drove two hours away running away from my problems.i parked in their drive way as there was only one car there. I rang the doorbell and come to see
him open the door.

"Ayla?"