Chapter 1 - The Arrival

-- Speed POV --

Ah, the bright day, so wondrous and spectacular.

The sun was shining like never before, it was just magnificent. Plus, it was surprisingly nice out for Summer. That means we'll go out swimming since it's nice! Always plus!

Things are great, nothing could ruin this very said moment. I have my friends, family, and a loving child, that's all I need for my own joy.

"Hello?" A familiar voice says, "Earth to Speed?"

I snapped to my senses and turn to a good friend of mine: a Glaceon named Lazuli. I simply waved at her and reassured that I'm here in this world. In which, she giggles a bit, and tells me what she wanted to.

"Pearl kinda needs to go with her for a bit, she didn't tell me what or why, but she just needs you. You can find her outside with everymon else there."

I nodded and wondered why Pearl needed me. So, like any normal mon, I made my way downstairs, through the front doors of our treehouse, and outside to find Pearl there with Black.

"Ah, knew you'd come." Pearl said to me when she turned around.

"So, what's up?" I asked in curiosity.

"Glad you asked," she said in return. "I was just wanting to let you know we'll be leaving for the trip in an hour or two, so make sure you got everything you need before we get going, even if we got one or two hours left."

I nodded to the Espeon and made my way around the area, deciding to take a walk though the woods and making sure I don't go too far to not encounter a wild mon.

So, I let Pearl and the rest of the group know about my travels and headed off into the woods that lie beyond our domane.

As I began to enter my thoughts, I was interrupted by somemon running behind me eventually getting to where I was at, and next to me. I looked over to see who it was. What I saw was a pink and white fluffball, the conclusion came even after I decided to look over at them. It was good ole Sylvia.

She was already gazing at me when she came to me, reassuring me with a friendly smile and wave with one of her ribbons. I waved back with my paw and a smile of my own as she began a conversation with me.

"Hiya Speed!!" Sylvia spoke, "Mind if I join you on your stroll?"

"No I don't mind at all," I replied back at the furry friend, "I enjoy some company along the way of my travels."

She gave me a happy look along with a gentle smile, and could see something light on the side of her face, but decided to ignore it.

We talked for a bit more, before something got both of our attention: a Pokémon running from a direction with three. Nevermind, It's ten mons. Uhh... damn it I lost count!

As I got to a battle stance and Sylvia behind me, but I came to a quick conclusion that the mons were running past us in either shock, fright, or confusion. Sylvia was also confused at this such sight that we decided to see what was causing such ruckus.

When we reached there, we found ourselves feeling some energy in the area with whatever was there gone, as for it left some sort of destruction and crater in the ground. I scanned further to see some mons either passed out or.. knocked down.. shaking my head, I moved from that and scanned further. What I could gather more was some strange markings around the said area.

I got down from our view and took a closer inspection with Sylvia behind me. As I glanced further: these markings, energy, and whatever was here doesn't correlate to any Pokémon I've seen or fought. Attempting to compare these tears and ruined ground seems nearly impossible for somemons to know how to do this. Is this a new legendary or new Pokémon species that are unknown to us Pokémon?

My thoughts were interrupted with a sudden hug from Sylvia, which startled me a tiny bit, getting my attention and turning me around. Seems Sylvia was just worried from such a sight from this, so I asked if we can just leave and return to the treehouse and report what we saw to the others.

She agreed and that had us two to walk back. With, the exception, of Sylvia staying close to me being frightened. She seemed in a trance like state observing the scene, but she quickly snapped back to reality.

When we returned, we were met with fewer mons from our treehouse outside, but I shrugged it off and walked inside with Sylvia letting go of me, feeling safe here at home. I looked around for somemons here and found Leaf and Solar talking in the kitchen, which gave me a soft smile. However, that would be ended shortly, before suddenly getting tackle-hugged by a small furball, knocking me to the floor.

I looked down at the embracing mon down and found a little fluffy Eevee, wagging her tail excitedly nuzzling into my mane. I laid my paw down on Sunshine, scratching her head as she laid in my mane.

"You okay, brother?" Flare said, as I looked up.

"Haha, I-I am d-doing o-o-okay." I manage to say trying not to giggle. "S-So, how is everything?"

"Doing fine here big bro." He said, as Leaf followed behind the Flareon. "Just got everything I needed for our vacation tonight."

"Oh yeah, I was kinda taking a stroll with Sylvia that I kinda forgot about the whole thing." I replied, scratching the back of my head in the middle of my sentence.

As I got up, I lifted up Sunshine onto my back and headed to discuss what I saw with Flare.

"You found some makings done by a... creature of some sort, not a Pokémon?" He said with confusion after hearing my speech.

"Yep." I simply stated

"Did get sight of the creature?" Said Leaf, next to Flare.

"No, not at all." I said. "I wasn't there in time to see the... thing, but I did see what it left behind."

The two eeveelutions, thought for a second of what could have caused such.

As they thought, Pearl came down with everymon else.

"All you goofballs ready?" She said to the four of us.

We all nodded, got our belongings from our rooms, and headed out.

Once we were sure we had everything we needed, even going so far as double checking, we ventured to the nearest place to take a deep dive down into.

After about eleven minutes of strolling, we reached the sandy shores of the beach, preparing ourselves further, we ventured down to the sea.

The first to dive in was Crystal, I kinda expected that though, then the rest dove in. The ones who stayed behind either couldn't swim or just wanted to relax. I, of course, stayed back as I lied in the sandy shore, joined by Sunshine and Axel moments later.

We where having the time of our lives waving, splashing, and jumping into the waters. Something was off though... I felt like we weren't alone, or as if we were being watched.

I looked around and saw a... Stick figure? It was looking in our direction. Then Pearl took notice and saw it too, followed by the rest of us. Sunshine hid in my fluff when she saw the thing. When we took a look at it, we where met with.... Uh.... How do I describe such a thing...?

The figure before us resembled a stick figure with a crudely drawn face looking very unreal. It seemed to have a very noticeable grin. Just looking at us 9 eeveelutions.

I was about to ask it "W-who are you!?" But was out sped by Flare.

"Who may you be?" Flare spoke.

The figure looked at the Flareon with the same look of some sort, as it announced itself in some robotic voice.

"You seem a little spooked, but tis' okay, I did just appear out of nowhere. The name's Trollface, Who are you little munchkins?"