The woman from my dream

"You understand what you must do?"

"Yes."

"And that no one can find out until the time comes?"

"Yes."

"Good. No matter what, don't let anything get in your way."

"Of course."

"You may leave. Professor Dovey will be waiting for you."

*****

I wake up covered in sweat and dehydrated. I reach over to my bedside table to get a drink of water. The cup is empty. Great. Now I have to go all the way down to the kitchens and try not to wake up anyone else in the school.

As I walk down the spiral staircase to the ground floor of the castle I try not to dwell on the dream. It isn't frightening, it's just frustrating. I think I'm going crazy. Every night it's the same dream. Every night the same person. The same face. The same beautiful face. It is encouraging to know that I get visions of the future, helps me think I'm not crazy. That's what I tell myself. It's just a vision. Except I've never met her. I want to meet her so badly.

I know she must be important in my story. That is, if the storian ever begins one for me. I can't help but wonder if maybe she's my 'true love' or something poetic like that. Ugh. The stupid Evers are rubbing off on me.

After what seems to be an eternity of walking, I make it to the kitchen. I get a drink of water as quickly as I can before heading back to bed for the remaining hours of sleep that I can get before classes start. As soon as my head hits the pillow, I'm out cold.

*****

When the school wake up alarm goes off, it scares the hell out of me. I let my eyes adjust to the daylight pouring through my curtains that aren't even open yet. If I have to be disguised as an Ever, at least I get to live like royalty every day.

I walk over to my closet and open the sliding door. God, I have too much clothing. I look through my options and try to pick a suit to wear. I'm just glad I don't have to wear a dress. I don't not like wearing dresses, I wear them sometimes, but I could never do it every day. I end up picking a black suit with a white blazer underneath. I chose a matching black tie and loosely fitted it around my neck once I had the rest of the outfit on.

 I chose a matching black tie and loosely fitted it around my neck once I had the rest of the outfit on

I then opened my curtains and got all of my notes ready for the day. The class that I taught was using magic for survival in a fairy tale, so I taught both Evers and Nevers but, today was my first day teaching so I was a little nervous. Once I was sure that I was prepared, I headed downstairs.