Chapter 1

"You can't wear that!?" my best friend yelled at me from across the room.

Clothes had been strewn on the floor all across my bedroom.

"Why not?" I asked, looking down at the skirt I was wearing. I liked it. I'd found it while thrifting with Miya once. It was a long black skirt with chiffon over it, not particularly tight-fitting but it looked nice on. When I looked back up Miya was staring me down with the most ridiculous look on her face. I broke out in a laugh and she laughed with me.

"You know I like it but it really doesn't fit the theme Jae..." She slumped her body to make her look exhausted and then plopped herself down on my clothes-covered bed. 

"Then what does?" I questioned, gesturing toward my floor.

"Many things but I want us to match tooooo" Miya whined, rolling over on the bed and picked up her phone to text someone.

I sighed and laid down beside her. I put my head on her shoulder as she opened a new text message. The name "Channie" was displayed on her screen.
I didn't know who that was but I understood once Miya started writing. She asked him for the address and when we should be there, so I just presumed it was the guy who's party we were going to.

"Who is he anyways?" I asked, curious on how she met this 'Channie' since she'd never told me about him before.

"You know that concert I went to a few days ago?"
I nodded in reply. She'd went to a rap concert with one of her guy friends.

"Yeah well he was one of the performers"

She added.

"WHAT!?" I screamed

She winced at my sudden loudness but laughed at me.

"Are you fucking serious Miya!? How?? How'd you meet him?"

I kept asking questions but Miya just laughed beside me.

"Calm your tits" she laughed then continued,

"I only met him cause Sunwoo knew him" 

Sunwoo was the friend she had went to the concert with.
I sat up on the bed, and continued.

"What is he famous? This 'Channie' I mean?"

"Well he was there with his group called 3RACHA, I know they're big here in Korea but I don't know how big they are internationally" Miya replied, now also sitting up. Her phone dinged a second later and we got the address.

We had to find me an outfit.

~

"Here try this" Miya handed me a clothing hanger with a dark red -almost black- dress hanging from it. I thought it was a bit too small so I shook my head to give it back to her but she merely extended her hand in a 'stop' motion and refused to take it back.

"Please just try it on." We had now gone to her place to see if she had any better clothes I could borrow.

I took off the dress I had previously tried on and took the red dress off the hanger. There was a tiny struggle to get me into it but when I finally had it on I looked at myself in Miya's mirror.

"Wow. but don't you think it's a little.. tight?" I asked, unsure of myself. I usually wore big bleached jeans and croptops with layers upon layers, so something this tight fitting was unusual to say the least. Good.. but weird. I felt a bit uncomfortable seeing myself in it. Even though I myself thought I looked pretty.

Miya just stood beside me and gawked at the mirror. I'd been too focused on myself to see her. She playfully hit me on my arm and yelled,
"Oh you HAVE to wear this Jae PLEASE!!"

I couldn't help but smile at myself in the mirror. Maybe it wasn't so bad? I mean I could always put something like a hoodie over it if it became too much for me.

"Fuck it" I sighed and gave Miya a smile and a nod.

"Yeeeeees now we're talking party" Miya said and sat herself down in front of her mirror with all her makeup ready to put on.

~

We both went for kind of similar makeup look with a simple smoky eye and a red lip. We wanted to look like we matched without it looking cringy. I thought we did well. Miya was wearing a black, flowier dress. She looked so gorgeous. Her red hair glowing under the streetlights as we were passing them in our cab. I always thought my black hair was pretty boring in comparison. Fortunately, I had Miya who helped me see the beauty in it. She used to compare it to an onyx since she knew I liked crystals. I grew to like it.

Miya was holding her phone in her hand and suddenly yelled out,

"Oh it's here! Just this white house on the right!" 

The cab driver pulled over and we paid her before we got out. As we started walking toward the huge house the music got louder and louder. Flashing lights shone through the curtains and we could hear some people outside behind the house laughing and screaming. 

We went up the stairs and Miya rung the doorbell twice. After just about 5 seconds the door flung open. A man with bluish-black hair, a silver chain and a black tshirt stood in front of us with a drink in his hand and a pretty smile on his face. 

"Hi!" He just yelled and giggled

"Miya! and Jae!" Miya responded and gestured to us both. I smiled at him and he smiled brightly with his teeth. The guy in front of us had no time to say anything more before the door was grabbed by another hand and opened even wider. Another guy popped his head out. This one had curly/wavy blonde hair and small dimples on his cheeks. 

He looked sweet. 

"Channie!" Miya immediately shouted and jumped. 

"Hi!! Welcome! Come in, come in!" Channie yelled back at her and swiftly shook my hand as I passed the doorframe and closed the door behind me.

"Oh by the way, Jae this is Changbin! And Chan as you heard" Miya explained to me and pushed me forward with her hand on my back. 

"I'm Jae! Hi hi" I bowed to both of them while shaking Changbin's hand. I couldn't stop thinking about how hot he was. Even more up close. I caught myself staring a little too long cause Changbin started smirking, so I dropped his hand and tried to look at something else, which ended up being the closet to my left. I heard a little chuckle leave Changbin's mouth before he turned away and went back toward the rest of the party. He yelled at the top of his lungs to someone named Han Jisung. 

"Wow his voice is loud..." I said in both admiration and shock. 

Chan laughed at that comment and just replied, 

"Yeah you'll get used to it" 

We talked a little more while slowly walking closer to the music and the rest of the people there. I learnt that the Changbin that I'd just met and the 'Han' that he'd been shouting at were both also a part of Chan's group. And not only that. Apparently 3RACHA weren't even the full group's name. 

Stray Kids. 

There were 8 of them. 

I'd just met 2, and I was so excited to meet the other 6.