Bellingham, Washington - Brooklyn Easmon

My mom is always moving us around. I've lived in 23 of the 50 states, not including Washington which we're driving to from San Antonio, Texas. I never liked moving. I've always been the new kid and it's easy for me to make friends but I hate to say goodbye so fast. My mom has 3 kids, me (Brooklyn), Dakota, and Mason, we all have different dads. I just turned 15 last week and Dakota is about to turn 8 and Mason turned 7 two months ago. This time we're moving because mom's husband died in a fire.

"Mom. Mom. MOM!" I yelled in the car. She turned down the music and pulled over.

"Brooklyn Jane, what was so important that I had to pull over on the side of the road!"

"I'm starving, can we stop somewhere?"

"You're fine for only 1 more hour." I turned behind me and looked at Mason and Dakota, they didn't even look surprised. My mom kept on driving. I fell asleep for the rest of the way there.

"Brooklyn Jane, get your butt up and get out of the car." My mom said leaving the car with Dakota and Mason. I lazily got up and walked to the trunk and grabbed my bags.

"Brooklyn! Do you want to watch a movie with me and Mason?" Dakota said to me walking backwards to the door.

"Honey, walk forward before you trip." My mom said.

"Yes, Dakota." I said looking at him and turning him the right way.

"AWESOME!" He yelled. My mom unlocked the door and held the door open.

"What do you think kids?" She said. We all took a look around.

"Looks cool." I said. Mom smiled, I went upstairs and started unpacking my stuff in my room. 

It looks so cozy and I love the feel of it for how small the room is. Just then my mom walked in.

"Brooklyn! The neighbors down the street are here, get your butt down here." My mom said, I got off my bed and walked downstairs.

"Hello, you must be Brooklyn! I'm Amy and this is my daughter Izzy." the lady said as I walked downstairs.

"Hi, nice to meet you!" I said, shaking Amy's hand.

"Hey, it's so nice to finally get a new student, Bellingham's so boring with the same students." Izzy said to me.

"We'll let you two chit-chat, Brookie go show her your room." My mom said to me,

"Okay." I said back. I led Izzy upstairs.

"This is it." I said.

"I like the lights, it's so cozy!" Izzy said. Izzy is tall with glasses and curly hair. She looks like the kind of girl who you would copy answers from. We just sat there talking about life. Now I know that Izzy's dad left, just like mine, and that we both like country music.

"So Brooklyn, where are you from?" I never knew how to answer this question, not because I don't want to tell people, because I don't know what to say.

"Well, I was born in Brooklyn, New York, then I moved to Maine, Georgia, North Carolina, West Virginia, Alabama, Florida, Virginia, Hawaii, New Jersey, Nevada, South Dakota, Kentucky, Ohio, New Mexico, Wyoming, Illinois, Tennessee, Michigan, Kansas, Delaware, California, Texas, and now I'm in Washington. So 24 states now."

"That's not 24 states, that's the whole country," Izzy said in shock. That's usually people's reactions. "Why'd you move so much?"

"Well my mom has a lot of ex's, so when she gets her heart broken, we move." That sums it up I think.

"Wait, you were born in Brooklyn and your name is Brooklyn?"

"Yep, my brother Dakota was born in South Dakota and my other brother Mason was born in Mason, Ohio."

"Do you have your license?" Izzy asked.

"I do, my mom's friend towed my car over with her truck."

"Wanna drive around? I can show you Bellingham." Izzy said. I quickly grabbed my keys and we ran downstairs.

"Bye girls be safe." My mom said, staring at her magazine.

"Aren't you going to see where they're going?" Amy asked, sipping on red wine.

"No, Brooklyn's a good kid." My mom said, Amy continued sipping the wine. I hopped in the driver's seat and drove down the road.

"Wanna go shopping instead?" Izzy asked looking out the window.

"Yes, I desperately need new clothes, there's the GPS." Izzy took the GPS out of my hand and entered a location. We went to a little shop called, "Ivy Washington". They had so many cool things.

My style is comfortable but looks put together. Me and Izzy leave the store and I drive back to my house.

"Hey baby." My mom said.

"Hi." I said.

"Wanna come with me to the store?" She said.

"Not really." I say.

"Ok then, I'll just take your brothers." I looked at her then I walked downstairs to the basement where Dakota and Mason's rooms were.

"You're going to the store."

"Fine." They both said. While mom, Dakota, and Mason were all at the store, I just sat in my room watching a movie.