Chapter 1

Today is the day!

I got up early in the morning and started my usual daily routine. Took a warm bath, then wore my usual attire which is a plain shirt with a hoody jacket, and white jogger pants.

Im wearing a hoody so I could protect myself from the sunlight. My mother said I was born hypersensitive to sunlight, so since then, they never took me out of our Mansion in the daytime. Every time I had contact with the sunlight, I always feel very weak and my skin always have red blisters. Sometimes, I also vomit blood and end up unconscious.

In addition to my condition, in which doctors never found the reason why I have a color red eyes. That is why my parents named me Scarlet. Thanks to the inventor of contact lenses, I can hide the real color of my eyes. Only my parents and my doctor knew about it. Not my siblings nor even our helpers in the house. That would be scary of course. Seeing a human with bloody eyes.

After checking myself in the mirror, I went out of my room to find my father in his office. My father, Marcos Infiel, is a fifty years old man who manages our business, while my mother, Teresa, manages the household. Our family owns a hundred hectares of land. Well, that is the reason that even though our Mansion is located in the deepest part of the forest, or should I say, our hacienda, we still live well. According to my father, we are the largest exporter of Organic products in Asia. We also produce livestock products.

"Good morning father!" my greetings to father upon entering his office. He was busy reading a document when I entered. Upon hearing my voice, he immediately put the paper down and greeted me also with his beaming smile, which for me, was the warmest among all.

"Oh, my baby is already here. I see you are very excited about the arrival of Dr. Cruz!" he teased.

"Oh, yes father! This is what I've been waiting for a long time." I answered, then settled myself on the sofa in front of my father.

"Yes we are baby." my dad replied with a teary eye.

"Oh, c'mon father!" I exclaimed, with a playful smile. "Don't cry. You'll get ugly!" I added. I'm also holding myself from tearing up. This is the day that we've been waiting for so long.

Dr. Cruz is my Physician when it comes to my condition. I don't know where he works but according to my dad, I am his only patient. He lives far away from our home. He only comes to our place to visit me every 15th of the quarter to check on me and also to gather some of my blood for his study. He has been studying my condition since I was 5 years old to create a cure.

And today is that day, Dr. Cruz called last week that he has already found a cure. He will be coming today to test the samples for me if it's a success.

Although it's a test, yet, we're looking forward to it!

My father arranged the documents on his table and then reached his left hand to me. "Come let's go greet your mother in the kitchen and have some breakfast while waiting for Dr. Cruz."

I stand up from the sofa and took his hand with a smile on my face. "Aye, father!" I answered happily.

We went to the kitchen and saw mother preparing the table with Nanay Dory. Nanay Dory is our head maid in the Mansion.

"Good morning Mother! Good morning Nany Dory!" I greeted.

"Good morning honey! Good morning to you too Nanay!" my father also greeted. He went to mother to kiss her on her cheeks while I went to my usual spot and grab Nany Dory's hand who was smiling wholeheartedly while looking at me.

Nanay Dory is very close to me. She is the one who took care of me since I was a child whenever my mother and father were busy at work.

" Nanay can I have my usual drink," I ask her?

"Alright! your choco-milk is coming in a second my darling!" she answered. Before she took her hand from me, she pinched first my cheeks which she always does whenever I'm acting cute in front of her.

"You're too spoiled to Nanay Dory my baby." my mother said while settling down in her chair which her father had pulled for her.

I replied to mother with a grin. I was about to say something when I heard my brother's greetings.

"Good morning everyone!" Following his greetings are my sister's bitchy greetings too every morning. "Morning!"

Father and mother greet them back while I remain smiling at them. I wanted to greet them back too but my emotions clouded my happy mood when I saw what they were wearing. They're wearing their school uniform which makes me remember that today is Monday. They have classes. Well, they understand me every time I act sad whenever I see them in their uniform because they knew, I always feel jealous of them. The opportunity to study in school, but I never had the chance because of my condition. Well, I also study at home, and my parents hired teachers to teach me at home. But, I knew, learning from school is way more different than home school. I knew it because I watch TV and I love school-themed dramas. It looks so fun. The thought of having many friends around my age at school makes me wish more for Dr. Cruz's success in finding my cure.

I sighed at that thought which cause them to look at me.

"Oh, don't be sad sister. I believe that the cure is a success. Sooner, we will go to school together. Right, Mary?" my brother, Ado said to me upon seeing my sad face.

"Yeah right!" Mary agreed.

"Your siblings right baby. C'mon, don't be sad. Nanay Dory, where's Scarlet's drink? She'll get ugly if she continues to have that face Nanay." my mother comforted me with her joke.

"Coming!" I heard Nanay answer.
She placed the cup in front of me making me smell the sweet aroma of the chocolate with fresh milk. 'My favorite!' I exclaimed in my mind making me smile forgetting my jealousy of my siblings. Well, I knew they understand me. It's our every morning drama, which sometimes I intend to make so I could have my favorite drink first from Nanay.

I just saw my sister's eye-rolling. I know she is bitching again because I've had my favorite drink first than hers. I just chuckled and then started to sip on my drink. In my peripheral view, I saw father shaking his head with a smile plastered on his lips. Well, they can't blame me. I'm the drama queen here, that's the only way every time I want to get what I want.

Later, Mother asked Nanay to call other workers to eat with us. In our home, we always eat with our workers, because father said, they are also part of our family even though they only work for us. We started eating when everyone was settled. We have a very long table to fit all the houseworkers.

We were taught to treat everyone with respect. That's why I love my parents very much. They were good people with pure hearts. That was also the reason all our workers are loyal to our family. They help us with the household work, and they help our father with his business. While our family also allowed them to earn enough to sustain their family's needs. Moreover, our family financially supports our worker's children in their education.