Chapter 3: The Words Thrown By You

It has become like this once again.

Mikolai stared at his reflection. He could see the water droplets from his hair falling to the ground, others touching his face. One particular droplet landed on his lashes, he blinked and it looked like he was tearing up.

'Heh.'

However, his tears had dried up a long time ago.

'I don't want to go to school.'

He sighed but decided to dry his hair anyways.

He felt suffocated and trapped by his current atmosphere, home just doesn't feel like home anymore. He doesn't know when this change had occurred, but he just felt it. Everything was different.

He finished fixing himself and he took his bag and headed out of his room and went down stairs.

'!'

He was surprised to see his mother conscious and drinking hot coffee by the kitchen.

She's usually passed out drunk at the dining table and everything's a mess. 'What's going on?'

"You're leaving already?"

Mikolai's mother asked, but he doesn't wanna answer. He cleared his expression and tried to maintain a calm and kind voice.

"Yes, I have to to meet up with Koko, I promised to go to school with her." Mikolai flashed a smile in front of his mom.

The mother closed her eyes and downed the smoking hot coffee.

Somehow, Mikolai's heart skipped a beat.

'Huh...? Why am I getting nervous...? I... I need to get out now...'

"Goodbye Mom, see you later." Mikolai immediately turned around and took a step forward,

"Miko..."

But he stopped.

'Run... I need to... I mustn't stay...'

Mikolai turned around and smiled, "Yes, Mom?"

His mother slowly put down the coffee cup, "Do you like that child?"

'Is she still out of it? What's going on...?'

Slowly, Mikolai is getting even more nervous.

"Of course! She's my dear friend."

"You know that's not what I mean..." Her eyes moved to stare right at Miko's. And there he saw it.

Her eyes were clear, it was so clear it was devoid by all emotions, it was empty.

"You're still young Miko, there's no good on starting relationships when you're this young. Nothing good will come out of it."

"Oh... D-Don't worry Mom, it's not like that! I don't like her that way, she's just a friend!" Mikolai defensively said.

His mother's eyes turned into a crescent as she smiled, "You're father said the same thing."

'Ah...'

Somehow, Mikolai's world just went silent. He could not even hear the sound of his breathing not his heart, it was a whirring sound stuck in his ears blocking everything. His mother's words repeated once again. He could see despair in her wide smile, it was scary. It felt very threatening.

'Again... No... At least not this early, I don't wanna hear it... Please stop...'

"You mustn't play with girls' heart like that. Show us minimal concern we fall instantly. Don't be a liar like your father, don't lift them high just to let them down, they're not doing anything wrong."