CHAPTER 1

CHAPTER 1

Yvette was currently studying for her upcoming exam tomorrow. She's 25 years old law graduating student, she's also a scholar of Mrs. Liza Marcos—the wife of senator BongBong Marcos. While studying her boyfriend that is also a law student called her, Yvette immediately put down her pens and answers the call.

"Hello, babe?" she asked. Matagal bago sumagot ang boyfriend na nasa kabilang linya, dahilan para magtaka si Yvette. "Are you okay? Why aren't you talking?" she asked again. Still no response. Thinking that maybe her boyfriend accidentally falls asleep while holding his phone and accidentally taps her number and called it, Yvette decided to end the call and continue studying.

Yvette looked at the clock on her table, it's already 2 AM and she has class in 2 PM. Tinapos niya na lang ang huling limang cases and articles na natitira before she decided to go to sleep. On the other hand, her boyfriend, Jerrich-was having fun together with his friends. The thought of Yvette that her boyfriend might be accidentally slept on his phone wasn't true, dahil kasama ng boyfriend niya ang mga kabigan nito on one of his friends' house party.

"Jerrich? Kayo na pala ni Camela?" a girl in silvery-gold dress spoke while holding Jerrich's phone. Inagaw ni Jerrich ang phone niya sa girl and put it in his pocket.

"Yes," he said. "And please, Frankie, do not just call her. She's busy and I don't want to disturb her." he added. Her friend, whom he called Frankie, just roll her eyes and laugh sarcastically.

"Really? Eh, I was with her earlier and she told me that pinaplano pa lang niyang sagutin ka." Frankie said that made Jerrich dumbfounded. They're looking at each other-Frankie looks at Jerrich with confusion and Jerrich looks at Frankie, scared. At this point, Frankie already have a hint on what was going on, but decided to keep quite.

---------------------------

Yvette woke up when her alarm went off. It was already 7 AM, and she needs to get ready for school. Although it's too early pa for her class, kailangan niyang pumunta sa bahay ng mga Marcos to talk to Mrs. Liza Araneta-Marcos. She's a scholar of Mrs. Liza's law firm, and she needs to give her grade slip to Mrs. Liza, although they didn't require Yvette to do it, but she was the one who wanted to update Ma'am Liza about her class standing.

She put her stuff in her bag, it's already 8:30 AM at kailangan na niyang umalis para hindi siya ma-late sa klase niya. Pero bago siya umalis ay dinaanan na muna niya ang parents niya sa bakery shop nila. As soon as she arrived at their shop, agad niyang pinuntahan sa loob ang Mama niya. Her mother were preparing the breads that will be delivered sa shop nila sa Laoag.

"Ma, alis na po ako" paalam niya sa Mama niya. Her mother looked at her and smiled.

"Oh sige, mag-ingat ka," she paused. "Pupunta ka pa sa Laoag 'di ba?" her mother asked. Yvette nodded as answer. "Oh, siya lumarga ka na at baka mahuli ka pa sa klase mo. Tsaka magdala ka ng tinapay, may nakahanda na doon sa loob ng ref, kuhanin mo na lang ha." dagdag pa nito. Agad naman kinuha ni Yvette ang pinabaon sa kaniya ng Mama niya.

"Thank you dito, Ma." she kissed at nagmano sa mother niya before siya umalis.

About 40 minutes have passed, Yvette already arrive at Laoag City. Sasakay na lang ulit siya ng jeep papunta sa Brgy. Calayab sa may Fort Ilocandia kung saan nakatira ang mga Marcos. Almost 20 to 30 minutes din ang byahe from Laoag City Hall papunta sa Brgy. Calayab, kaya napagpasyahan ni Yvette na matulog na lang muna. One way lang naman ang byahe ng jeep na sinakyan niya kaya sa mismong Fort Ilocandia siya nito ibababa.

After a few minutes, nagising si Yvette because the jeep suddenly stopped. And she noticed that nasa Fort Ilocandia na siya, bumaba na siya sa jeep at naglakad papunta sa gate ng Fort. Hindi basta-basta nakakapasok dito, since resort ito and you need reservation. Pero dahil kilala naman na siya ng guard doon and they knew kung anong business niya doon, pinapasok pa rin siya.