Chapter Five

"Need a ride home?"

That was the last thing I had expected him to say after everything that had happened. I had been avoiding him like the plague. Not because he had done something but rather because I had majorly embarrassed myself.

"I can get a ride or take the bus," I mumbled.

"No one is around, and the bus left while you and I were stuck in rehearsals."

"I can walk home..."

"Are you kidding me, Angel? Its pouring outside!"

Taking in a deep breath, I glanced out the window; it was raining cats and dogs!

"I like the rain." I don't. At all.

"I'm don't generally care about what shit people do, but I'm telling you for the first and last time, Angel," he said, "if you don't get in that car, I will physically throw you in there."

I almost began to protest but he took a step closer, threateningly. With a loud sigh, I got into his car.

What had happened last week was that I, being the queen of agility, had slipped off the rope in the gym and landed at Tristan's feet, unconcious and bleeding.

I was usually good at climbing that rope and I loved climbing it and I have no idea why I slipped off. And right in front of Tristan Cyrus.

******

Tristan, surprisingly, picked me up with ease and took me to the nurse's office. When I woke up he was there, chatting with Mrs. Burton, the nurse. After checking my temperature, she said I was fine enough to walk about but at the moment she wanted me to go home. Tristan offered to drive me home since my truck was still busted.

But before I could say anything, Mrs. Burton smiled at me and said, "Such a sweet boyfriend you've got here, sweetheart. And good looking, too!"

I could feel myself growing red with embarrassment but Tristan threw his head back and laughed a sweet, beautifully mesmerising laugh.

"You have such a beautiful laugh," and before I knew it, it was out of my mouth.

So I did the only thing I could, I ran out of the nurse's office as fast as I could and walked home so that Tristan couldn't catch up with me.

******

Tristan revved the engine and backed out of the parking lot.

I decided it was best that I stayed silent or I would end up saying something else that I might regret. But he beat me to it.

"So you think I have a beautiful laugh?" He smirked.

"Its okay.."

"I think you have beautiful eyes," he murmured, gazing at me, one hand on the wheel.

"What?" I am such an idiot.

"Yeah, they're so dark. Its like the light just reflects off them. They're like diamonds."

Nobody had ever said that about my eyes before. Actually, lets be honest, I wasn't exactly perfect. I was short, about 5'1, I had brown hair and plaib brown eyes and I only reached Tristan's chest. He was a head taller than me.

"Yeah, maybe," I mumbled and he laughed that tinkling laugh again. This was the second time I had heard him laugh.

To change the topic, I started to give him the directions to my house but he said he already knew where I lived.

"You do? How?"

"We're neighbours, Angel," he said and chuckled at my clueless expression.

Moments later, he pulled up in front of my front door. And just as I was about to thank him, he said, "Do you wanna go out sometime?"

"You wanna go out with me?"

"Yeah,"

"Thats.. thats cool."

He smiled earnestly, "So I'll pick you up at seven tonight?"

I nodded and he leaned over and brushed his lips against my cheek.

TRISTAN CYRUS KISSED MY CHEEK. WOW.

"I'll see you tonight,"

And with that, he pulled up in front of a house two doors down. I was still standing, shocked, on my front porch when Tristan waved at me and entered his house.

Flushed, I entered my own house. And then it dawned on me. I was going out with the hottest, yet the most messed up guy in the entire town.

Wow. Just... wow.