Chapter 3: Unexpected Arrival

Adonis checked the time on his phone for what seemed like the 100th time

Adonis checked the time on his phone for what seemed like the 100th time. It was currently 10:45 P.M. which meant he was sitting in the parking lot for nearly two hours waiting for Ciara. Those two hours weren't unproductive, though. He made some phone calls to ensure that the fight between Felix and Drago was set up and arranged properly. Bianca also called him asking about his whereabouts, in which he responded that he was "handling business." He felt bad for lying to his wife, but if he told her what he was doing, he would eventually have to tell her about Damian. That also meant that he would have to tell her about that one night, and he wasn't ready for that.

Adonis yawned as fatigue fell over him. He decided to call it a night, and shifted his gear to drive so he could go home. As he was getting ready to drive off, he finally saw Ciara exit the salon. He abruptly stopped on brake and put his car in park before exiting his vehicle. Completely oblivious to Adonis approaching her, Ciara started rummaging through her purse for her keys.

"Ciara," a manly voice yelled out to her.

She turned around and saw Adonis walking towards her. Ciara was surprised to see him, especially since they haven't spoken to each other in nearly 20 years. Seeing him again brought back many memories that she wanted to forget. She saw him on television boxing before, and she was proud of his success. However, she still felt resentment and somewhat anger at how he left them that night, and never communicated her up until this night.

That was the least he could do, right?

"Adonis? What are you doing here? How the hell do you know where I work?"

"My wife is a huge fan of your work. She, uh, wanted to come to come here for a while," Adonis motioned towards the salon, "but, she never has the chance to."

Bianca Creed was a fan of her work? She was honored and all, but why was Adonis here?

As if Adonis could read her thoughts he stated, "Damian stopped by the gym. He just got out not too long ago."