Chapter 2

A.N: This story will contain Spoilers from Resident Evil 4 Remake from this chapter on.
__________________________

What is this place?

What's waiting for us on the other side of the door?

Where would we go once I open this door?

Can I keep Ashley and myself safe with no weapons?

I kept asking myself these questions repeatedly. As scared and frighten I was, I had to keep it together. For Ashley's sake at least. She was terrified and I was the only hope she had.

When I saw how she was trembling, how her voice broke with fear, I felt my blood boil, I had to get her out of here. The look in Ashley's eyes, had a spark however little of hope. Deep down in her heart, she had hope in me, that if I'm with her, she'll be safe. That was enough motivation for me to fight.

I kept twisting the hairpin in the lock, tried to do it as quiet as possible.

*Click*

The corner of my lip raised up as I allowed myself to a small smirk.
However, if those things were near the door, they must have heard the click and would've come here to check. I wasn't going to attempt to fight without a weapon. So I waited afew seconds, giving it enough time to see if anyone was coming before slowly opening the door.

As Ashley caught the glance of an opening door, she smiled and attempted to follow me, I however stopped her with a shake of head. Had to come up with a plan before taking her with me. She nodded as I crouched and walked out through the door, checking the area.
It looked like some sort of... A church?
We were on the second floor of it. Dark, the only light visible there was the dim orange glow of candles around.

I could hear those people, walking around on the floor bellow us and mumbling things in Spanish. There seemed to be no more than five of 'em. Nevertheless, I wasn't going to engage until I get a weapon. We had to sneak around them.
There was a huge wooden door at the entrance, guarded by two men.
Six windows, three on the left and three on right. Each side had a guard.
The last one was walking around with a crossbow in his hand.
If we were going to pass through them, we needed a distraction.

I have an Idea!

The wooden barrels inside our room were empty and not so heavy, easy to move. I grabbed one of them, lifting it off the ground just enough to not make a noise while moving. I brought it to the edge of the floor and threw it down, once it touched the ground, it broke and the sound of breaking woods echoed through the church, drawing the attention of guards to itself.

That wasn't going to keep them distracted for long, I quickly waved my arm for Ashley to follow me. Our feet made no sound, we made it down the ladder and made a sharp turn for the door.

"NO LOS DEJES ESCAPAR!" Shouted one of the guards.

I didn't look back, kept running until we reached the door and I rammed into it to bust it open, but the door stayed shut.

"It's Locked! Shit!" I spat.

The sound of those freaks following us grew louder and closer. I whirled around, They got us, Ashley's frightened eyes stayed focused on me, as if she was begging me for help. I pushed her behind me, glancing between the window and the creatures in front of us.

'Plan B'

I thought fast, it was the only option I had and so I took it. I grabbed Ashley's wrist and ran for the window. The first thing I heard was the unmistakable sound of a trigger, I could feel the heat of arrows on fire passing near my skin. That didn't slow me down.