Chapter 4: Secret Exposed

f/f = favorite flavor

Your POV:

"Your silence isn't exactly helping your case." Izuku looks at me with shock, his mouth slightly open.

"Can you say something? Please? You're scaring me." I grab his shoulder and shake it a bit, knocking him out of his trance.

"Are we that bad at hiding it?" He asks himself, running his hands through his hair while getting up from the couch.

"Um, so I was right?"

"How did you-"

"I mean, you hid it for 3 months, that's gotta be something right?" I try to comfort him, which fails.

"Listen, y/n." He stalks over to me, gripping my arms tight, "You can't tell anyone. This is something that the public can't know."

"Well, I don't really know anything about it-"

"Please promise me you won't say anything."

I stare at his face; green eyes meet mine with an intensity I haven't seen from him since I've met him. This is something serious, he never acts like this. "I promise, Izuku."

He looks relieved for a moment, but then he just turns and paces the room. Little mutterings come out of him every now and then, and I don't have the heart to ask about it. I feel guilty, like I did something wrong, even though I know that I didn't. A sick feeling in my gut just wrenched at me the rest of the night. When Ms. Inko got home, she knew something was wrong. I didn't bother her with it though. I just told her that I was still processing everything.

She didn't buy it, I could tell, but she didn't pry any more. I helped her with dinner and clean up, making very little conversation with Izuku the entire night. Not like he tried to talk with me either. I wasn't angry at him for keeping this secret, I couldn't possibly be angry with him. This seems like such a big deal. It's just, coming to terms with it. A quirk that could be passed on? I don't even know how it works. But does this mean that he was quirkless beforehand? The entire time, he was like me, and I didn't even know.

It's comforting in a way, knowing that if my theory is true, I wasn't the only quirkless person here. But, I don't know my feelings about this anymore. I can only hope that he tells me.

"Thank you again Ms. Inko, for everything. For supporting me and helping me get accustomed here." I bow to her at the doorway.

"It really is my pleasure dear." Ms. Inko wraps me in a big hug and for a moment I forget the tension between me and Izuku, just happy to be held.

"I'll walk with you y/n."

I look over at Izuku getting up from the table. My stomach drops, thinking he's going to be angry with me, or tell me we couldn't be friends because I found out.

"Oh, okay." I smile, hiding my nervousness. I take a bit of relief in the fact that it's just next door. It won't be a long conversation, hopefully. He walks in front of me and opens the door, waiting for me to step outside.

As soon as Izuku shuts the door I start shaking. I squeeze my hands together, hoping that it would stop, but it doesn't. I stare at the floor, walking to my door, but I'm stopped before I could reach the handle. Izuku is standing in front of the doorway, blocking me from opening the door.

"Listen, y/n, I know it's confusing, but I promise I'll. . . are-are you crying?" He looks at me concerned.

I start shaking more violently now, feeling tears well up in my eyes. "Look, I'm so sorry for finding out. I-I promise I won't tell anyone." I start rambling, trying to stop my tears from falling. "I know that you probably don't really want to hang out anymore, just please don't tell Mr. Ya- I mean All Might. I don't want to get expelled before I even start."