Ch.16/The last blow

The fight began almost immediately, staining the land with the blood of would-be warriors, now dead or wounded, but still fighting as hard as they could. You could hear the crooked and crackling of the weapons wielded by the combatants, running, blow, slash, blood, dodge, again blow. Each participant in this fight gave his best not to die and, more importantly, not to lose. Both sides wanted to win, everything was on the line, which once leaned in favor of the demon slayers and the other time in favor of the demons. They continued to exchange blows not to lose the opportunity, the fight seemed uneven, but they fought anyway. Every time the man fell dead to the ground, sometimes the demon disintegrated. It was a slaughter in the eyes, so many lives and so many efforts, willingness and attempts in vain, after this war there will be nothing left but blood, bodies and ashes. The sad eyes met their indifferent counterpart, they looked at each other motionless. In the midst of all this, two demons stood, Muzan and Tanjiro. They analyzed everything that was going on in their surroundings, but they did not take any steps to stop the enemy or help their own. Tanjiro was torn between the decision he had to make, while Muzan hoped that his demons would deal with the corps while he dealt with Tanjiro. Tanjiro tried to have several visions to solve any of these situations, no matter how hard he tried, each variant of solving the case ended in war or death for him or Muzan. The moon demon realized that the only way out was to kill the king of demons. But then what? Will this resolve the situations? The black-haired demon was approaching Tanjiro step by step, standing in front of him, he grabbed the younger by the throat and lifted him up. He wasn't trying to strangle him, but to incapacitate him enough to end this whole war quickly. Tanjiro was just waiting for it, he wanted Muzan to come to him, now he will use the element of surprise. Muzan was not aware of the lunar demon's plan, he understood part of it only when Tanjiro's hand was thrust into his torso. He was hiding poison in it, and he will keep it long enough for Tamayo and Shinobu to give him a lethal dose. The demon lord looked into the eyes of the assailant, seeing regret and despair in them, Tanjiro did not want to kill him, but he knew that it was the only way for corpus and maybe some demons to survive.

- I'm sorry

- Where did we go wrong?

- I don't know, all I know is that we both have to take responsibility for all of this

Shinobu and Tamayo appeared, administering a lethal dose right into the demon king's back, demon slayers willing to push the demons away so that they could see their master's defeat. The poison spread quickly through Muzan's body, destroying it from the inside piece by piece. The only demons left from Muzan's army are upper moon 1, 2, and 3, Daki and her brother, the rest lost their lives. The demon slayers also lost a lot of people, only one of the pillars was killed in the fight, it was Gyomei, the others were heavily injured. Muzan's body almost disintegrated, before Tanjiro whispered something in his ear, which calmed the demon down, and the war ended.

- Ubuyashiki, if you allows me, I will take the remaining demons and we will leave. I will make sure that there are no attacks on people

- Agreed, but this only applies to the demons present here. The remaining demons hiding somewhere will be killed

- As you wish. Goodbye, and I wish you good luck

- I will stay here with Yushiro

- It's your decision. Goodbye Tamaya

- Goodbye, Tanjiro-Sama

- Tanjiro. Take care of yourself

- You too. Time to go my darlings. We have a long journey ahead of us

- Yes, Tanjiro-sama

Tanjiro and a group of demons boarded the ship heading overseas, they were relaxed.

- I'm going to look at the water- Douma said

-We're going with him- said the siblings in unison

-I will join them- Akaza added after a moment

-I'll keep an eye on them- with these words Kokushibou escorted the whole group

Tanjiro watched as the five demons enjoyed the moment, from the basket he was holding on his knees, he lifted the cloth covering it. Beneath it was something like a ball, but entirely made of flesh, and more importantly, it was alive.

- Now, everything will be fine. You will see Muzan, this time we won't make the same mistake

The ball purred contentedly, Tanjiro only smiled gently, and covered the basket again with cloth. When they get there, it will take them a while to get everything ready. Tanjiro came up with an idea of how they would survive, and how they could adapt to the situation and their new life. For now, he will let them enjoy what they have. Tanjiro, looking at the five demons, saw the image of his family, he will take care of them and this time he will not lose them. He's got a new family now and that's what matters to him above all else.