Chapter 2:

-Sonic's POV-

"Wake up sleepyhead." I opened up my eyes to see Shadow in my room, why is he here!? Oh, I remember last night now. 

"Good morning to you too Shadow!" I sat up in my bed and my stomach ached with pain from Shadow's kick last night. I felt better than I had for the last few days, Shadow did some major work on me if I'm not dizzy and nauseated the very second I'm awake! 

"Are you feeling better this morning?" Shadow was smiling?! Damn, him smiling at me makes me feel really special...!

"Yeah, I feel really good this morning! Do you got any plans for breakfast?!" 

"If your hungry, then that's a good. I made some pancakes and scrambled eggs for you." Sweet! I just hope Shadow is a good cook- I mean my guess is he is an okay cook since I didn't wake to hearing a smoke alarm!

"Lets go!" I speeded down stairs to the dining room, I might be able to go on my morning run today!

-Shadow's POV-

Seeing Sonic's bright grin when I woke him up was so cute, I couldn't help but smile too! Wait... do I like Sonic!? No, no. Plus he's got that pink hedgehog. He'd never feel the same way... I shouldn't even feel this way. I guess I'd better head downstairs.

-After they eat-

"Man, Shadow your a better cook than I thought!" He winked at me, I felt a slight blush creep onto my face, I quickly looked towards the door. 

"Well, I'd better get going." I've overstayed my welcome. But then I look to see Sonic, who was grinning just a second ago, clearly upset that I have to leave. It's not like I want to leave, I want to stay with Sonic for the rest of the day... but Sonic will have his friends coming over soon. 

"Oh... well, alright Shadow." As Sonic looked away from me, I quickly grabbed his phone and put in my number to his contact list. 

"Here Sonic, if you need me you can just call." He took his phone back and grinned. I felt this strange feeling, the mobians call it butterflies in your stomach, but I don't want to call it that. I wonder if Sonic felt it too.

"Thanks Shads, I'll see ya later!" And I walked out of the door to see Amy walking this way. Time for me to run back. 

-Sonic's POV-

I feel so upset that Shadow had to go, but since I have his number we can meet up more! I wonder if this means we won't fight anymore? Lately I've been more hesitant to fight him... because I don't want to hurt him. All I can think about is his smile, even when he is with Rouge he doesn't smile. It's a rare sight, his smile was... dreamy. If that's the right word. 

Knock knock

Is it Shadow!? I'd better go and see if it is! I quickly run the the door with a huge smile, but that smile fades quickly. 

"Oh, hello Amy." All I want to do is daydream, wait. You know what. I'm glad Amy is here... Just this once.

"Hi Sonic!" She has her usual bright smile. 

"I kinda have a question for you... do you mind me asking it?" I'm kinda nervous about the way she'll react. 

"You have a question for me!" Amy was clearly over-joyed, it kinda makes me feel bad that she is so excited about a simple question.

"Yea so... I was wondering what common symptoms of having a crush are...?" As soon as I finished my sentence, I regretted it. Amy thought I meant that I liked her. 

"REALLY! I- I mean... symptoms of loving someone are that you think about them all the time, you want to be with them every time of day, you get a little nervous around them, you plan your next conversation with that person in your head, and you might even follow them online! I speak from experience, so... Sonic~ who is it!?" Amy's smile was so big, I thought she might have broken her jaw. 

"Amy, I'm sorry but I'm not ready to tell you who I...like." That means I have a crush on Shadow the Hedgehog... I'M GAY! Does he like me back... probably not... but, one could hope!

I was cut off from my thoughts by another knock on the door, I don't think this knock is Shadow either... but maybe he forgot his phone or something!? Oh my chaos, what Amy said really didn't only apply to her! Amy opened the door while I was thinking.

"Hey Sonic, how are you today?" I heard Tail's voice and looked up. 

"Hey buddy! I'm feeling a lot better, Shadow...ssss... shadows were confusing me last night." That was close, I don't think Shadow would want them to know that he took care of me last night. And I don't want Shadow to get attacked with a hammer because I accidentally said that by Amy. If she could even connect the two together.  

"Oh uh- well I see that you had breakfast from the plates you left on the table, you had two whole plates of food! That's good, but why are that on the opposite sides of the table?" Tails seemed to be glad I was better, but he is smart... what is a good excuse...?

"Well, when I got my second plate I was still kinda tired from just waking up so I just sat on the other side, it was closest the kitchen door." Man, I didn't know I was that good at making up excuses.

"Guess what Sonic told me!" Amy was jumping in her seat, I hope Tails doesn't realize that Shadow was here last night, I mean... I accidentally gave them a lot of clues.

"Sonic said that he liked me!" I stood up as quick as I could.

"WHAT!" I heard another faint 'WHAT' that sounded like Shadow from outside, I turned my gaze to the window that I heard his voice, I saw a faint glimpse of the colors black and red go into the bush in front of the window.

I ran outside to see if it was Shadow, no one was there. I guess I was imagining things. Amy and Tails appear asking what I saw. 

"Nothing..." I sounded utterly disappointed, but I didn't care. 

-----------------------------------

I really don't think that name suits the story so far, if you guys got any ideas please tell me them in the comics! 

:)