14 | The Shadow King |

Y/N panicked. She could move, but Tanjiro couldn't.

He stood there frozen, watching in horror as she quickly scrambled for her sword, raising it up to the shadow that started to rise from the ground.

He-- or was it a she? Y/N couldn't tell, but he looked human, other than the black gooey splotches that tranversed his body and the whites of his eyes turning momentarily black.

Other than that he seemed fine.

Nezuko, was a bit behind Tanjiro, a couple of feet away, and suprisingly, she was frozen.

Y/N started to panic, thinking of the worst.

Why am I not frozen?! Is something bad going to happen to those two?! Hell no-- I won't let that happen! Forget about it bitch-ass demon! You suck!!!

She took advantage of the moment, activating conscious breathing and bolting up to the demon. He didn't look like Matsuko, he irises were pitch black, his hair was pitch black, but his skin was so pale that she would've mistaken it for snow.

Y/N slashed her sword with all her strength, concealing a cry of pain as she could feel the wounds in her dominant hand start to open. It burned, searing through her body.

Tanjiro sharply breathed in, anxiety knotting at the pit of his stomach. The pain on her face was evident.

Please!! Don't let anything bad happen to her!! Please! No more!!

Her eyes widened when she didn't feel her sword collide with a surface, with skin. The momentum of her slash sent her in a semicircle, stumbling as she regained her balance.

What the fuck?! I didn't blink, where the fuck did he go?! Even if he teleported into the shadows, Matsuko always had this weird pause where light would come out of him, and his hair would raise, and his skin would turn all scaly black! I didn't see that!

Y/N hastily looked around, a hostile glint shining in her eyes as her breath was becoming uneven.
She was in bad shape, she shouldn't be fighting right now.
Every moment she uses her breathing past her limit, creates a window for death.

She felt a tingle crawl up her spine, instantly, she activated subconscious breathing.
Y/N's eyes became in a daze, and her body shot towards Nezuko. Nezuko snapped her gaze at her sword, remembering how it felt against her neck. Raising her sword up, she sliced at her feet.

Her sword cleanly cut through something, and something-- no, someone wailed. Black blood splattered over her clothes, mixing with hers. She was unfazed, stabbing it again as something started to slowly shape, emerging from Nezuko's shadow.

Y/N deactivated subconscious breathing, staring at the thing with mild curiosity.

A hand.

It was as black as the inky night sky, dripping as if it was drenched in liquified metal.

What the f--

In a split second, she heard a small, surprised squeak from Nezuko...

before she went flying.

Nezuko screamed, being flung into the air at such high speeds that some parts of her clothes teared.

"NEZUKO!!" Tanjiro gruttaly screamed, his voice cracking. Tears started to prick the corner of his eyes, he was helpless, again.

Y/N scowled, she assumed that the demon controlled her shadow--

but to that extent?! He would have to keep track of her shadow for miles!! Matsuko basically perished in this little circle because his manipulation radius was small, but this guy--! Shit! We're really screwed!! Please let Nezuko be alright!!