Part 2: We Stick to Traditions in this House

With the sound of people arguing, Chadi wakes up upset. He checks the date before the time on his phone: today is the day, and there's no escape. He gets out of bed to soon find out that he left the windows open all night, and now the room is freezing.

The door opens, and there comes his mother:

- Hala: Ya Allah! How many times have we spoken about this? September is nearly over, and you're still living in the summertime!

- Chadi: We stick to traditions in this house, don't we? Why can't you just greet and ask nicely?

- Hala: Well, you're the one whose acts have never changed. Hurry up and come eat breakfast.

Chadi walks out of the room; and greets his grandmother: '' Good morning, Tetah!''. 

Tetah smiles back as her way of saying good morning to you too.

Chadi: I'm going to school now.

Hala, as she's preparing a cup of milk: What about breakfast?

Chadi: I don't like to eat this early in the morning.

The slam of the door marks the starting point of his journey. Chadi begins walking, by other means, talking in his head.

Chadi: It's weird, to be honest. I walk these streets every day and still look with curious eyes at every corner. What am I still expecting? I see sad people with sad faces. I see others living in houses but still missing homes. I...

- Uncle Hamid (The falafel shop owner): Good morning! Ya Chadi!

- Chadi: Good morning! Ya Uncle!

- Uncle Hamid: Did you even today? You look so pale?

- Chadi: I'm actually in kind of a hurry. I have school.

- Uncle Hamid, grabbing some falafel: Open wide.

- Chadi, chewing: So hot, yet so delicious.

- Uncle Hamid: Bon appetite! Have these on the road.

- Chadi: How much?

- Uncle Hamid: Don't even say the word. You were in a hurry, remember?

- Chadi: Thanks Uncle Hamid.

                                                                       To be continued ....