Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Two days after Riley signed the contract, she received a call from Giselle that they will have a meeting the next day for the movie. She wondered how Giselle managed to do everything in just a short period of time, knowing that movie production is not the only thing Lanner's were so busy about. Riley went to the Lanner's Tower by bus. She arrived 10 minutes before the meeting and she saw Giselle at her desk printing some documents and arranging her table.

"Good morning Giselle." Rai greeted with a smile while she walked near her.

"Hi, Ms.Skyler. The meeting will proceed in 7 minutes." as she checked her wrist watch. "we better hurry." she stood up and nod at her. "Let's hit this." she smiled and look straight ahead. "that's the conference room." as she pointed at the door a bit far from where they were. "everybody is there, and good news, John Lukens and Ashley Burton agreed to do the movie. Nick said they need not to do the audition for the role since the writer requested for them. Good thing they agreed even without reading the screenplay which is obviously not available yet."

"Really?" she exclaimed covering her mouth. "I'll gonna meet them today?" as they reached the door of the conference room.

"Yes." Giselle smiled and opened the door. The room was big and spacious, it had a long table and surrounding that, were men and women seated dressed formally for the meeting. And on the other end of the table seated was Nicholas Lanner, reading some files on top of the table while waiting for everybody. Giselle made Riley sat beside her and Giselle was seated next to Nick. She whispered at him and Nick stood up and initiated the meeting. Riley checked every faces present in that meeting and saw far across seated are John and Ashley whispering to one another, they look very close and lovely together. Riley was so overwhelmed on where she was, it seemed that Nick was practically voiceless when she looked at him and her surroundings moved very slow, she can't hear anything and her mind was floating in the air. She was awakened when Giselle slightly elbowed her and cleared her throat.

"Ms. Skyler?" Nick was looking at her and she didn't have any idea why Nick was looking at her.

"Say hi." Giselle whispered on her ear.

"Oh.. Hi everybody." she smiled with clenched teeth, and everybody laughed a bit. She realized that Nick was introducing her to them.

"Maybe Ms.Skyler is tired and didn't slept well last night." Nick joked and they laughed slightly again. Riley's face went hot and red, for everyone was looking at her smiling. "I'm giving the floor to the director, Sam Moonie."

The meeting was long and tiring, Riley never thought that making a movie would be this complicated. She listened attentively now and took notes about what she'll do. The screenplay editor that will help Riley to do some revisions was not present there due to some personal reasons. She was just so amazed that all of them were talking about her story that she made just for her enjoyment. Now they're making it alive and real. She saw Nick walking out of the meeting, maybe he'll attend to other conference. They finished the session after 3 long hours, and it's already lunch. One by one the production staffs left the room, she saw John still seated and chatting on his phone. As Riley went pass him, John looked up and called her.

"Hi there." John put his phone inside his pocket and smiled at Riley.

"H.. hi." she smiled shrinkingly.

"It's a good thing to finally meet the writer." he smiled widely "John." he introduced himself offering his hand.

"Yes, I know who you are." as she took his hand.

John is a movie star who's so alluring and so tempting. He is known for his blockbuster movies and very famous among girls. His eyes were like ocean water, that whenever you look at him he will drown you into himself, his lashes were like bunched together like star points, and his skin is so clear. His well proportioned athletic build made him a jaw dropper and a neck breaker.