Chapter 10

Chapter 10

John and Riley set out for Universal Studios early morning. John wore a cap and sunglasses to hide behind it. The place was so crowded for it was Sunday, a family day. Where lots of family in and out of LA spend their time. They went to different parts of it on upper and lower lot and some parts of city walk.

"Let's have lunch John." as she sat by a chair near her and massage her tummy. "I'm hungry."

"Ok, come." he pulled Riley out of seat and he held her hands all the way out of the theme park.

Riley was speechless from the time John held her. He even opened the door of his car for her to get in. "Where are we going?" she finally spoke after John had hopped inside his car.

"Hollywood walk of fame." He smiled then turned on the engine.

"wow, ok. I'm getting excited." she giggles.

They drove for almost 25 minutes and he parked his car near The Grilled Restaurant. "Food here is awesome." he smiled and took out his seat belt.

Well she must trust him in food choice for men really have a good taste on what is good and what is best. She went out of the car and he walked near John. He held her hand again and they went in the restaurant. They found a seat and begun to order. Riley was so still while waiting for their food to be served.

"Riley."

"Y..yyes?" she seemed to woke up from a blank stare.

"Are you still sad?" John asked hesitantly.

"No.. I mean.. maybe I'm just.. ahm, hungry." she smiled dicely.

"Yeah, me too. I must put away everything I ordered." he laughed while fixing his ash blonde hair.

"Where are we going after this?" she asked evading his looks on her eyes.

"Ahm.. Griffith Observatory. Then where the Hollywood sign is."

"Sound's great."

They walked along the Hollywood walk of fame for some minutes and took photos from there then they decided to walk back where they left John's vehicle then they drove to the Griffith Observatory.

It's almost dawn and the lights in the observatory made the place more dramatic. "A day is not enough to roam around every places here."

"Yeah. I'm a bit tired too." as John sat on a bench. He stretched out and yawned. "My legs hurt."

Riley sat beside her. "Mine too."

"We'll visit the Bronson Canyon next time, it needs a whole day."

They went silent feeling a gentle breeze dabbing on their faces. Riley closed her tired eyes while John moved closer to her and when Riley felt John's shoulders beside hers she gently leaned on, so John put his arm over her shoulder and tucked her gently closer to him.

"Riley, I want to be a billionaire." he smiled still with eyes closed.

Riley sat up straight and looked at him. "Why?"

"everybody wants to be a billionaire." John smiled.

"John, thank you for doing this." she whispered.

"Anything for you Riley." he opened his eyes and whispered back

"you're such a nice friend." she said wanting an opposite reaction.

"my pleasure." he smiled. Riley just smiled tight-lipped. She was disappointed of his answer. Ashley told her that John loves her but why in all those chances that he had, he always made a way not to admit it.