5. Too Late To Mend

TRIGGER WARNING:- HEAVY AND SAD.🌻 DON'T PROCEED IF SAD CONTENT AFFECTS YOU.🌻
______________________________________

"Aap jaaiye sabke saath time bitaaiye main apni dance practice Kavya ke saath kar loongi... Vo mujhe sikha degi... Aapko tension lene ki jaroorat nahi hai....", Pakhi said to her when she missed her dance practice session at home. She knew she needed to be there but she needed to be at other place too.

"Main aa gayi hoon na... Main...", Anupamaa tried to pacify her.

But Pakhi outrightly rejected her wish and practiced with Kavya who was all happy to see Anupamaa getting hurt.

When she needed to be with Pakhi, she got indulged in her work.

She was too busy to......

~

Samar sat under the tree as he saw his relationship with Nandini crumbling down. He loved her so much but at this point of time everything seems to be slipping out of his hands. He couldn't hold Nandini back even if he wanted to. He was trying but his mind offered him nothing. His Nandini was leaving him forever.

He had been by Anupamaa his entire life. Through thick and thin he was her shadow that never stopped protecting her. But today the tables had turned around and he wished Anupamaa to just be with him.

He called her up to hear she is busy with Anuj. She never used to be busy for her bakuda. His heart was crumpled but he understood her new responsibilities, relationships and changing priorities. He said I LOVE YOU before hanging up. He cried profusely and there was no shoulder for him when he needed one the most esp the one whose shoulder he had became his entire life.

The day their relationship finally broke down was when Anupamaa was there with him in academy. But she was late. She could rectify nothing for him except convincing him to let her go once and forever.

~

As the room was booked in a hotel for 4 hours straight. Toshu lay panting beside a young girl with red lipstick marks on his cheeks and neck.

She wasn't his wife.

He dressed up and wiped his face before entering his own house in Ahemdabad taking the next flight back home.

Everybody missed what was so obvious. He looked into the mirror and saw a solo lipstick mark on his jawline. He quickly cleaned that mark and muttered to himself, "Thank God Mummy yahan par nahi hai varna do minute me pakad leti...".

Kinjal missed those early signs and trigger warnings, red flags but she could've spotted them because she had lived that before. She knows NOW what's truth and what's an excuse. The same reason she never doubted Anuj's character when the kiss came to light was because she KNEW... Who could cheat and who could never.

But she wasn't there to guide Toshu and show him the right path and save Kinjal from going through the same pain as hers.

~

Days were passing and everyone would pay a visit and try to shake her up to life.

Everyone sat around Anupamaa. Devika had stepped aside for the time being. She is least interested in anyone who is not Anupamaa.

"Koi aur time hota na mummy... To main bahut naraaz hoti aapse ki... Iss umar me aapko... Main to chhoti bhi aayi thi to bahut jealous hui thi... Par ab ni houngi... Aapki kasam... Maaf kar dijiye jitni badtameeziyaan ki aapke saath... Aapko ghar se nikaala tha na... Aapka care attention aur laad pyaar sab free me mila hai na poori life ke liye to aap kaise bolti... Haan... Grent pe le liya tha... Par ab realize ho raha hai...", Pakhi cried and she felt a hand on her shoulder and it was Adhik. He was there to comfort her.