hug

Lo'ak pov

She placed her school books carefully in her locker and turned around to face me. I was unconsciously staring at her and a few seconds later I realized what I was doing. But who wouldn't? She had big blue eyes what you would get lost in. I wanted to slap myself. Always the one to make things uncomfortable. Why was I always like this, staring at her all the time? (based on events that happened lately with me)

''Should we leave?'' I ask, trying to break the awkward moment.

''Mhmm'' she agrees, before closing her locker and joining me, walking towards the exit.

A noise behind me made my jump a little. I turned around to see where it was coming from.
I observed the taller boy, around 6ft tall, now glaring at me. He had curly hair, brown eyes and a nose ring. He was also wearing a ugly tracksuit. I did not want to admit it, but he looked pretty intimidating, especially with the tattoos on his neck.

''Hi babe'' he says approaching Tsireya, way too close and wrapping his arms around her.

Babe?-

I watch her, and a fool could notice she was uncomfortable. Her posture was tense and she clenched her jaw, a worried look on her face as she inked her gaze into mine.

''Now if you don't mind us, we are leaving.'' I mutter, grabbing Tsireya's arm and pulling her away from the wierd guy.

''No.'' he answers.

I turn around to look at his goofy ass. He thought he was the shit? I roll my eyes and look at Tsireya, who is signing me to leave.

I do as she says, not looking back, but I could faintly hear his screams and threats. I thought I even heard ''I'll fuck you up!'' He was definitely on my 'to-avoid' list from now on.

We were now outside when I talked again. ''Who was that?'' I asked. I knew we just met, but I couldn't help but be disappointed if that was her boyfriend, even if he didn't look like it.

''Some guy... he is always on me.'' she pauses, her voice cracking. ''I told him I don't like him but he keeps forcing himself on me-''

I feel like my heart is failing me when I see the tears in her eyes. She really doesn't deserve it. I want to comfort her, but I'm hesitant to hug her. What if she backs away and doesn't like it?

''I'm just scared of what he might do-'' she whispers.

Tsireya looks back at me, and takes a small step. Fuck it. I wrap my arms around her and I let out a small gasp when she hugs me back, resting her heard in the crook of my neck. Reya smelled so good, but I shrug off the thought, prioritizing her feelings. I caressed her soft hair, a bit hesitantly at first but she didn't seem to mind it.

''You're gonna be fine Reya, just take deep breaths.'' I instruct, knowing what she felt.
I dealt with constant anxiety, and I just tried telling her what I did.

After a while, her sobs quieted down and her breath went back to normal. Reya wiped her eyes, and gave me a soft smile.

''Thank you Lo'ak'' she cooes.

''Just tell me when he is bothering you.'' I say, knowing that this boy and I, now had personal beef.

She nods. ''Do you still wanna go?''

''Only if you do'' I answer, my lips curling into a small smile. I was fucking hungry though, so I hoped she would say yes.

''I do'' she says, a amused expression on her face.

Since both of us didn't have a driving license yet, (and I tell you, Jake would never let me drive a car. Especially since the incident) we walked. Either way, it was close to school, and both of us needed fresh air. I tried by best to not stare again, just catching a few glances.