Backstabber

I rushed to my car as I wanted to get to the precinct and warn Sidney about what I found. I turned on the engine and leaned my back against the seat, that's when I felt the sharp pain of metal piercing through my skin and flesh.

"You've watched so many horror movies and you didn't even check the backseat. That's a classic, Y/n" Ghostface spoke from behind me before pulling out the knife. Before I was able to proceed what was happening, his hand covered my mouth and the knife sunk into my stomach twice.

I successfully pulled the handle under my seat, pushing it back. The psychotic was forced to let go of me. I grabbed the car key and rolled out, closing the door behind me. I locked the car with the killer in it but I didn't wait a single second, I knew he would get out.

I painfully stood on my feet and I ran, I ran as fast as I physically could. I felt the warmth of the red liquid drenching my shirt and running down my skin but I tried to ignore it. I kept thinking about Sidney, she wasn't safe. I needed to find her. I made it to the precinct and I didn't realize I was still running when I came in until I bumped into Sidney and almost collapsed on the ground.

"Y/n, are you-" she paused when she noticed the blood. "Oh, my God, what happened to you?" she asked.

"It's... Kin... Kincaid" I struggled to speak as I couldn't properly catch my breath. "And the mo...vie di... director"

"What? Detective Kincaid and Roman Bridger? Y/n I adore you but it doesn't make sense" Sidney said as she wrapped an arm around me to help my keep my balance.

"They uh... they've known each other since... kindergarten" I said as my breath started going back to normal.

"What...?" she whispered as if she was trying to make some sense out of that information.

"And Roman's age... He was born a few months after your mom stopped acting. It might seem crazy but it's... it's always related to you Sid" I hesitantly explained.

"Alright... what do you want to do?" she asked. I sighed, relieved that she was ready to trust me on that one because even I wasn't sure about that theory. I opened my mouth to speak but the loud noise of Sidney's phone ringing interrupted me. She picked up and detective Kincaid told us about something that was happening in my childhood house.

"So, Y/n, if I believe your theory, what he just told me about is a trap?" she asked me.

"Yes and they just made the biggest mistake. They probably have Dewey and Gale and they must think I collapsed somewhere in the street. But this is my house, I used to play hide and seek there every day with Tatum when we were kids, I know every corner of this place" I smirked having a great idea of how we could win this.

"It's your call Y/n, what's the plan?" Sidney smiled back at me.

"Well, you'll do exactly what they say will I'll climb into Tatum's room like we used to do when my mom wouldn't let us out and we'll see how it goes" I explained.

"So, you've got half of a plan and fresh stabbing wounds, how the hell are you going to climb up that window?" she chuckled.

"If the bad guy can run around after being stabbed and shot and god knows what else, so can I" I said as I grabbed what I needed to bandage my wounds. Sidney stole a gun, even though stealing in that case is only a matter of opinion, we need that gun more than his owner does.

In the car, none of us talked. I got lost in my thoughts, a while ago I said I didn't want to fight anymore and there I was, getting ready for a fight. I saw an article about the whole cast being attacked at Jennifer's house, it didn't say who survived and who didn't. But I don't think the killers would kill Dewey or Gale, they needed them to get us to come to the house.

Sidney parked the car far enough from the house, I told her to do so as we didn't know if one of them was waiting for her outside. We needed them to think that she came alone. None of us knew how to break the silence, she was probably as scared as me.

"I'm going to follow the road and I'll cut through the gardens, the neighbours always leave the gate open" I said while opening the door to step out of the car.

"Alright, they told me to use the front door so I guess we're going opposite ways" she gave me a weak smile as she stepped out of the car and stood next to me. "Please don't get killed" she whispered, gently taking my hand in hers.

"Sidney, we've done this before, we will be okay" I placed a soft kiss on her cheek and turned to walk away. She grabbed my wrist and pulled me back where I was, placing a gentle hand on my cheek before kissing me. I was surprised when I felt the warmth of her smooth pink lips against mines.

We went different ways and I started to feel fear, real pure fear, at the idea that something might happen to one of us. I walked carefully, making sure no one was watching me. I made my way through my old neighbours' garden and reached the back of my old house. From where I was standing I could see the inside of the living room.

Dewey and Gale were tied up on a chair, they didn't seem to be injured. One of the killers was standing there, right next to Sidney. I started climbing, trying to reach the window which was way harder than I thought it would be.