This movie sucked

I opened the window carefully without making any noise and crawled inside. I could hear the familiar noise of a television coming from my parents' old room. I tried to not pay attention to it and I got out of the room, staying as close as I could to the wall. When I reached the top of the stairs, I could see half of the living room but I didn't have a clear view on the killer.

I couldn't get all the way down because he would see me but I needed to get closer so I came down just a few stairs and kneeled. I could now see him clearly and he had already taken his mask off. I missed every single fucking reveal, I thought as I grabbed my gun and tried to find the perfect angle to shoot. I needed to be quick as Detective Kincaid was pointing his gun at Sidney's face.

I knew he was one of the killers, I knew as soon as I saw him and my doubt were confirmed when I did my little research earlier. I couldn't get a clear shot at his hands so I aimed for his hand instead, forcing him to drop the gun. He turned searching for the origin of the shooting and faced me. I shot again and the bullet went right between his eyes, through his head.

"Bam, bitch went down" I smirked as I rushed down the stairs to untie my brother. That's when the sound coming from upstairs, the TV, became louder, so loud that we could hear a voice. That voice was quite familiar but it took me a second to realize who it was, Maureen Prescott. Something else I was right about; it always comes back to her.

"I think it's my clue to go up there..." Sidney whispered as she took a step toward the stairs.

"Wait, Sid... Don't you want me to come with you?" I asked clearly worried about what... I mean who was waiting for her.

"If it's related to my mom than it's my burden to carry" she gave me a weak smile and started climbing the first steps. I grabbed her by the wrist and kissed her the same way she did earlier in the street.

"Don't die" I smiled letting go of her.

"I never do" she smiled back and disappeared in the upper hallway. I finished untying my brother and Gale.

"So, you two are a thing?" Gale asked as we made our way upstairs to make sure Sidney was okay.

"I don't know... let's just make it out of here alive and we'll see" I answered speaking lower as we reached the door. I opened it and Sidney was sitting on the floor next to Roman Bridger's dead body.

Gale and Dewey stayed in the hall while I walked in and sat next to Sidney. She placed her hand on my thigh allowing me to intertwine our fingers. She looked incredibly sad which could be normal considering what happened to us but this just seemed different.

"He... He was my brother. I mean he was my mom's son and she refused to give him the love she gave me... she... she was a monster" her voice broke at the end of her sentence and tears started to roll down her cheeks.

"But she loved you Sid, she made a lot of mistakes but she always loved you and I'm sure she'd be very mad at herself if she knew that you're the one dealing with the consequences of those mistakes" I tried to reassure her, wrapping an arm around her shaking shoulders.

Soon enough, police officers filled the house and we were asked to go outside. Someone took care of me and eventually I was brought to the hospital. The doctor kept repeating how actually stupid it was to walk around with this kind of wounds. You should have seen the way his face dropped when I told him I climbed up a window like that. For the first time since this madness started, none of us were dramatically injured. I would heal fast, I always do.

Sidney drove us back to my house and my car was still there. No need to explain why I won't ever get in that thing again. Sid insisted on helping me to get out of the car which was cute even though I was completely able to walk. We both froze when my phone started ringing and for a second I didn't even want to look at it. I took a deep breath to calm down and looked at the screen. It was Martha.