4. Shadows

Monster / Petyr Baelish out now!

Harley refused to play along but she did get caught and they did beat her. She was angry. How could all these women just sit back and do nothing while men raped them. Some of the women seemed to enjoy it. Fucking the men. But harley didnt like it one bit. She was a child.

She tied sheets together and used them as a rope to get down the window but it wasnt long enough she would surely break her legs in the process.

"We spend most of our lives afraid of our own Shadow. He told me that. He said a Shadow lives deep inside every one of us. So deep we don't even know it's there. Sometimes, with a quick sideways glance, we catch a glimpse of it. But it frightens us, and we quickly look away. This is what fuels the Shadow—our inability to look." One of the whores, Ros was telling Harley as she brushed out her hair. Another whore was reading, another was painting in her own blood. Another was nursing her baby, Harley couldnt imagine giving birth in this place, birthing one of these men's monster babies. 

 Harley couldnt read well that was the only thing she liked about this place, some of the women were kind to her, helped her, they all accepted their position in this world, as bastards, as whores, as stolen and raped but Harley didnt. Not yet. She didnt want to. 

 "Our inability to examine this thing that is in fact our raw selves. This is what gives the Shadow its power. It makes us lie. About what we want, about who we are. It fires our passions, our darkest desires. And the more powerful it gets, the greater we fear it, and the deeper we struggle to hide this Beast that is us . . ." Ros remarked. 

Harley didnt know why she was telling her these things. Maybe it's a way of obliquely bringing out and addressing her own Shadow. But she did think our Shadows were bad, her and Harley's everyones. 

"Big and dark and very dangerous. I don't think our Shadows should ever be allowed out." Ros went on. 

"I think they should be set free." Hayley corrected. she wanted to be dangerous, not weak and fragile.

 she wanted to be dangerous, not weak and fragile

Daemon stared back at Harley. Her lip quivered and eyes bloodshot from crying.

"Silver hair and young. Just like you like them my prince."

Daemon walked a circle around Harley debating it.

"Why the fuck are you crying?" Daemon demanded pulling away.

"I dont want to be here. I was stolen." Harley whimpered.

"Gods. You know how many women would love to fuck me. I find one that looks right and you have to be like this!" Daemon shouted.

Harley stared back at him as he paced the room. As though her kidnapping and being put in a whore house was not a problem just that she didnt want him or any man anywhere near her.

She was too scared to speak her lip quivered as she waited for him to say someone do something.

"If you get me out of here..." harley began softly but he was already tugging on his shirt and pants and heading to the door. "Wait!" Harley demanded chasing after him. "I could love you. If you promise to get me out of here. I would love you." Daemon scoffed.

"I already have a wife. I dont want love. I want a good fuck with someone that has silver hair and I can pretend is someone else you foolish girl." Daemon corrected.

"But-"

Daemon groaned heading out the door slammed closed behind him.

Harley stared at the door willing the man to come back and save her but her savior didnt return, admiral did. 

"You lost me some good money girl!" Admiral shouted. Harley lunged at him.  "Oomph!" he huffed out as she slammed into his chest. Expecting his reaction, she swerved out of the path of his first swing, only to expose her cheek to the hard slap of his other hand. The impact sent her back into the room.

Admiral glared back at Harley, his cheeks sink deeper into his pasty face, and his belly hangs lower over those ridiculous shorts. Yet he acts like he is a God. 

"Why. The. Fuck..." Admiral said, shoving his face in Harleys.

He grabbed her neck and threw her face first into the door jamb. She tried to dodge it, jerking against the force of his rage, but her mouth connected with the sharp corner. Pain bursts through her torn lip. When she tasted blood, she jut her chin out to keep the mess off her already minuscule clothes. 

He released her, his eyes dull and heavy-lidded, but his hate stabbed through her sharper than ever. 

"You work for my, you flash your tits and give them your cunt, if not, I'll cut them the fuck off. You hear me?" 

Harley's hand flies to her chest, and her heart sinks. If she didnt leave now, there will be more blood and more rage. But she knew running was stupid, yet time and time again she tried. She turned and ran through the room, his furious shouts propelling her faster.