A World Familiar with the Anomalous: Setting the Stage for Whispers and Secrets

In the year 2050, the world had become accustomed to the presence of SCPs. Many of them had been contained by the SCP Foundation, but there were others that lived among the people. One such creature was SCP-096, also known as the "Shy Guy." Its rage state was triggered by anyone who looked at its face, resulting in a deadly pursuit of the offender. However, the SCP Foundation had developed a pair of special goggles that would prevent triggering its rage state.

The goggles were sold at a high price, making them inaccessible to many people. This meant that only the wealthy could afford to look at SCP-096 without fear of being hunted down. Homeless people and the poor were particularly vulnerable, as they could not afford the goggles. Some resorted to signing contracts with the SCP Foundation, agreeing to pay for the goggles in installments. Others took out loans, putting themselves in debt for years to come.

SCP-049, the "Plague Doctor," was another SCP that had a significant impact on society. It claimed to have found a cure for the mysterious disease known as "pestilence." No one knew what the disease was, but SCP-049's cure had proven to be effective. However, SCP-049 remained imprisoned by the SCP Foundation, and people began to wonder why he was not allowed to leave.

Rumors began to circulate that the SCP Foundation was keeping SCP-049 locked up so that they could profit off the pestilence cure. Some people even accused them of creating the disease in the first place. The SCP Foundation denied these allegations, but the rumors persisted.

Meanwhile, the SCP Foundation had also managed to clone SCP-999, a creature known for its ability to cure depression and anxiety. They began selling these clones as pets, claiming that they could help alleviate stress and make people happier. However, there were concerns about the ethics of cloning an anomalous creature, and some people refused to buy the clones on principle.

As time passed, more SCPs were discovered, contained, and studied by the SCP Foundation. Some of them became well-known and even beloved by the public, such as SCP-999 and SCP-1471, the "MalO" app. But there were always concerns about the Foundation's motives and methods.

In the end, the SCP Foundation had become a powerful and influential entity, controlling not just the containment and study of anomalous creatures, but also the lives of the people. And as long as people continued to buy into their products and services, the Foundation would continue to hold that power.