Prologue

Serenity was working with her father to put together an audition tape for the new reality T.V. show, Total Drama Island. Leon Talon, Serenity and Isabella's father, was behind the camera, ready to film everything that the girls wanted to say.

"Ready, kiddo?" Leon asked his daughter.

"Yeah, we're ready," Serenity replied, her pet red panda curled up in her arms.

And so, Leon pressed the record button, giving Serenity and Isabella a thumbs up to let them know that he was now filming.

"Hi there, Chris," Serenity started. "I'm Serenity Winifred Talon, but I prefer to be called either Ren or Wini. I enjoy spending time with our dad, reading, any form of art, swimming, and playing with my pet red panda Scarlet," Serenity continued. "It's a bit difficult for me to last long without Scarlet by my side, so I hope you don't mind if I bring her along and that she will participate in your show with me. Anyways, my favorite colors are purple, red, silver, and bright green."

"And if you're watching this Uncle Hatchet, HI!" Serenity cheered. "Scarlet and I can't wait to see you!"

Once Serenity was done with her little speech, Leon turned the camera towards him and began to speak.

"Serenity's been cooped up in her room with Scarlet ever since they met," Leon explained. "Scarlet helps her cope with her nightmares at night. So please, let Serenity keep Scarlet with her. I've only ever seen Serenity smile when she's around Scarlet. And Hatchet, you'll know why she needs her red panda. Anyways, I'll be looking forwards to seeing my daughter on live T.V."

After that, Leon stopped recording and turned the camera off. Then he turned to his daughter and Scarlet.

"Ready to send this in, Wini?" Leon questioned.

"Yeah!" Serenity cheered, Scarlet jumping up and down with joy.

"I just hope that Chris will let me keep Scarlet with me," Serenity said. "And if Uncle Hatchet's there, I hope he'll explain why I need her with me to Chris."

"I'm sure your Uncle Hatchet will, sweetheart," Leon replied, pulling Serenity and Scarlet in for a hug. "I'm sure he will."