𝟎𝟑𝟓, claim to claim!

CHAPTER THIRTY FIVE !

AFTER LOSING BETH, DARYL found himself with a group of survivors who called themselves the 'claimers.' they were a rough bunch, to put it mildly, and daryl had already clashed with one of them over something as trivial as a rabbit. it wasn't exactly his ideal situation, but he knew it was better than being alone. at least he had some backup.

they had already beat another man to death because he told a lie. he planted the other end of the rabbit in daryl's bag and accused him of stealing. he got proved to be a liar, and they beat him to a pulp until he was breathing no longer.

joe, the group's leader, claimed that he was searching for his missing daughter and the man who killed their friend lou. however, daryl wasn't particularly invested in this mission. he was more focused on finding his own family before he started helping others.

they had walked away, it was completely dark. daryl was debating on whether to stick around or not. he heard voices, and turned himself out of the way of the car.

that's when he saw it.

daryl saw two familiar faces lying on the ground, and he realized how much he had missed them. joe was pointing his gun at rick and michonne, while another man was grabbing carl. daryl really disliked this man, who he thought was a pervert - and the way he was holding carl only confirmed his suspicions.

"joe!" daryl yelled, making rick's eyes widen as he noticed him, michonne's too. "hold up."

everyone was relieved to find daryl, too. however, there was no time for celebration or reunions - not with guns pointed at their heads and their lives in danger.

"you're stopping me on eight, daryl." joe said in annoyance.

"just hold up." daryl said, his eyes still pinned at the pair.

"this is the guy that killed lou, so we ain't got nothin' to talk about." one of the men said, pointing a gun.

"the thing about nowadays is we got nothin' but time. say your piece, daryl." joe nodded his way.

"these people, you're gonna let 'em go. these are good people." daryl tried to convince.

"now, i-i-i think lou would disagree with you on that. i'll of course have to speak for him and all 'cause your friend here strangled him in a bathroom." joe said.

"you want blood, i get it." daryl widened his arms, dropping his crossbow to the floor. "take it from me, man. come on."

"this man killed our friend. you say he's good people. see, now that right there i-i-is a lie. it's a lie!" joe said, daryl's eyes momentarily shut as he waited for what came next.