Confronted pt.1

Natasha so desperately wants to get changed out of her catsuit. It's sweaty and dirt riding, but she more so wants to get this over and done with; Debriefing doesn't require Fury being present, maybe just Maria Hill if it's a big mission. What does fury want to talk about?

She would be lying if she said she didn't feel her heart beating out of her chest.

Natasha approaches the glass-fronted room and sees Maria and Fury sitting at the far end of the table.

She presses the electricity on the side, and the glass door glides open. Natasha enters quickly and confidently. They are talking about 'damage control', from what Natasha can faintly hear.

She doesn't take a seat but rather chooses to go halfway up the table and leans her left hip on the back of one of the chairs, and crosses her arms.

"You wanted to see me?" Natasha tilts her head, eyebrows furrowed.

They both look up at her; Maria has her touchscreen tablet in hand. Fury leans forward, leaning his forearms on the table, lacing his fingers together.

"Yes, it is reported by an agent that you have taken a liking to the Maximoff girl." Fury says.

"Well, her name is Wanda, and nobody else was doing anything." Answers back quickly.

Maria goes to start talking but doesn't know how to word it, so her mouth opens and closes a few times, like a fish out of water. She knows this isn't going to be a simple and straightforward conversation with the woman in front of them.

Natasha speaks before Fury gets the chance to, "first off, I think we need to talk about the fact that you" she takes a step closer and points to the man with the eye patch. "Put a child on the battlefield; I want to know why?". She leans her weight on the other leg. Natasha knows she is coming on strong, but she doesn't really care, she wants answers, and she wants them now, for herself and to give Wanda the answers she deserves.

"There was a robot that had plans to decimate the whole planet, and it was well on its way to doing so, Agent Romanoff. I believe I made the right decision. Had we not had the Twins helping us with clearing civilians, we would have had our hands full trying to destroy the Ultron sentients and getting civilians out of the way. It would have taken too long, the rock would have left the atmosphere, and descended at such a high velocity it terminated all human life, as well as hit earth at high impact causing the total destruction of planet earth." Fury rebuttals, reciprocating Natasha's sharpness.

Natasha places one hand on her hip, the other clutching the top of the chair next to her, her grasp so hard that her knuckles are turning white. Fury has a point, but morally, and ethically, it was wrong.

"May I remind you that they are kids! They can't tie their own shoes, and Clint had to help Pietro with the new pair given to him. And Wanda hasn't even lost a tooth yet." The Russian has now moved forward now, joining the two at the head of the table. Now angrily glaring at the two as words spew out of her mouth.

This is when Maria speaks up; it comes out less confident than she was hoping. "We did ask them if they wanted to join the battle and be a part of S.H.E.I.L.D." Maria brings her eyes that were locked on the floor to connect with the angry woman practically standing above her.

"Really? You asked them?" Natasha's eyes flick back and forth between to two in front of her.

"that's correct, Romanoff. Do you mind sitting down?" he gestures to the chair next to him.

Natasha takes a step back, repulsed by his request. "No, I will not sit down. This conversation shouldn't be long. These children can't consent. Period. I know that better than anyone else here. They don't know what they are consenting to. Please tell me, how did you word it when you asked them?" She is now raking her fingers through her hair. Her feet were unable to keep still.