SpidermanxDeadpool

New York City
November 15, 2022

It's been about seven months since everybody had forgotten about the amazing spiderman, and with that, Peter Parker. The first couple of months were hard. Well, they were horrible. Peter had moved into a small apartment, now that Aunt May had passed, and he was all alone. Of course, he frequented the areas MJ and Ned would occupy, but simply spectating was not enough. It took a while to adjust to this different type of living. Peter had his life completely turned over, and had nobody to talk to. He attended Columbia University, differing from his previous dream school, MIT. He would go to class each day, complete labs, and then work at a local cafe near his building.  He had a few classmates that he would periodically message, however, each friendship was kept casual, never too invested.  As for love interests, Peter had closed himself off since separating from MJ, even if it wasn't intentional. You could say he was living the life of a normal uni student, except, his night activities were a bit different. Peter had given up his "Spider-Man" alterego, and had done his best to keep a low profile. He avoided his powers as if they were something to be ashamed of. Spiderman has caused him so much grief, anger, and sadness. It was best not to think to much about it. So he didn't. He store away his suit and mask, and did everything he could to stay plain old Peter Parker. 
          However, just because there was no friendly neighborhood hero, there were still many villains, and problems plaguing the city of New York. Peter wasn't out patrolling anymore, but he still watched the news. People had been getting killed in horrific ways as of late. A giant alien-like monster had been spotted a few weeks ago, leaving twenty people dead. Nobody was there to help though. Police would try, but with the power they had, it was too little to do any real damage. This wasn't Peters's problem anymore though. He was free.   

(At the cafe where Peter works after school)

"Hey! I said I didn't want any milk in here! Did you hear me asshole?" a sweaty and overweight man in a tight suit spits at Peter. 

"I'm so sorry sir! I will fix that right away, please, give me just a moment."

"This guy for sure asked for milk, as he does every time he comes in here," Peter thinks as he grinds new beans for the rude man's new and improved coffee. 

"I've got places to be you know! I nee-" the man is interrupted as Peter hands the man his new coffee. 

"So sorry for the inconvenience, it won't happen again. Have a wonderful day." Peter says this, plastering a fake smile on his face, just praying it comes off genuine. 

The rude man looks at Peter and takes a big sip of his new coffee. It only took one second for him to throw the coffee on Peters hands as he shouts, 

"What the hell is this! It's way to bitter! What the fuck is wrong with you"

The stout man shuffles out in humph, leaving Peter to clean up his mess, while feeling the burning coffee soak his hands. 

"Peter! Go to bathroom and tend to your hands! I've got the spill." Rosey says, shooing me off to the bathroom. 

"Thanks, I'll only be a minute, sorry."

Peter rushes off into the back room to grab the first aid kit, and then walked to the bathroom. He hadn't really noticed at first, but his hands were bright red, and seemed to be turning purple. Of course it hurt, but not nearly as much as some of the other injuries he had endured. Peter took the ointment from the bag and spread it across his burnt hands, then wrapping them up, almost creating mittens.
"I don't know how I'm going to make coffee like this," Peter groaned, collecting his stuff to go back to the front. 
Peter didn't think another thing of the events that had occurred, for over the time he had been alone he noticed how stewing over such things was nothing but a headache. Peter then walked back.