That's Jenga!

1 year 3 months and 12 days, in the hell hole...

Verity still remained missing, with Kai finding no traces of her existence anywhere. To anyone else it would appear that she had never even set foot in the world, judging by the care she'd taken into hiding her whereabouts. But Kai knew for a fact that escaping was impossible - considering he was the only one with the means of doing so...

Verity sauntered through what would be New Orleans. All the lights were on but everywhere was abandoned, so cold and eerie. Then she heard footsteps, a sign the devil's spawn was around.

"Well...well...well," He cooed, his voice echoing around the small street. She stood frozen, not in fear but in anger,"Found you...Cupcake."

"How did you find me?" She snapped, Kai smirked, darkly.

"Oh, Baby girl,"He cooed, twiddling a lock of her blonde hair in his fingers,"I never left," She swatted his hand away, sending him a harsh glare.

"Don't call me that, Douchebag,"She snapped, Kai smirked darkly, taking a knife out of his pocket. She shifted anxiously, eyeing the shiny blade.

"Ouch, that hurt,Baby Girl,"Kai cooed, feigning pain,"But it won't hurt half as much as this." Kai grabbed her by the small of her back, driving the knife directly into her abdomen. He twisted the knife around, pushing it in further," This...is for running from me - and scratching me up, too! You thought you could get away, Wolf girl?!"

Then she felt something inside her body rip, her oxygen supply started to fade away in uneven gasps. Kai stopped and looked her over; she was gasping as her stomach muscles contracted and loosed unevenly.

Her eyes lit up gold again, as her body attempted to heal the damage inside her body, but failing miserably. Kai let her go, pulling the bloody knife from her stomach. Kneeling beside her crumpled form, he ran his bloody fingers through her hair, sighing contently.

"It's a real shame we had to end it like this....you were really hot...but, that's just how it is, Dollface," He stated, shrugging his shoulders slightly.

As she took in her final breath, he pressed a kiss to her forehead, before standing up and running into the shadows, leaving her corpse behind.

~~~~~~~~🎀~~~~~~~~

Kai ran his hands through his tousled dark hair, as he walked backwards and forwards around the living room. The rush of adrenalin was still flowing through his veins, heart pounding rapidly.

Suddenly, he heard the front door swing open with a loud bang.

Viv sauntered in rage prominent on her features. Kai stood ogling the girl in front of him, who by all accounts should be dead. He reached for a knife on the coffee table; it flew into her hand before he could grasp the handle.

"How did you- you're dead, I killed you!" Kai stated in complete disbelief. Verity flashed an evil smirk.

"Turns out this world isn't just your hell, it's mine too," She explained, cockily. Kai disappeared into thin air, reappearing behind her. Spinning around, she plunged her claws into his throat. The warlock spluttered, blood filling his mouth as he fell to his knees,"Guess the wolf girl wins in the end, huh Kai?...That's jenga, Honey."

With that, Kai dropped to the ground, gurgling his own blood. His body twitched a few times, before his finally heart stopped. Viv stared at her bloody claws as they retracted. A light gasp left her lips, as she stared at her now human hands.

"I broke a nail?!"

To be continued...