𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐

A Threat

Alluring, graceful and captivating

Alluring, graceful and captivating. With the straightened smooth mid-back length styled back in a crown braid. Doe-shaped eyes lit up as soon as she walked into the room, plump nude lips taking his breath away. The strapless white thing high slit gown exposing her perfect legs. In his eyes she looked divine.

Now standing in front of him with his on her small back, fingers entwined with their heels clicking on the smooth glassy surface of the dance floor, he felt himself drowning in the puddle of her light brown hazel eyes. He was stunned by her beauty.

"But for me I find your eyes more attractive." His voice was warm and husky, and he draws his attention towards the scar on her collarbone

"Well the color of your grey eyes is pretty rare. I found them enticing." A smile tugs on her lips.

"I am glad that you found them attractive and tempting." Her body heats up with his strong gaze, she instantly looked down trying to hide the blush creeping on her cheeks and neck.

He chuckles at her reaction. Twirling her around with the beats of the song. She looked angelic under the dim yellow and white lights scattered around the hall. Her shining satin gown that perfectly highlighted her curves.

His eyes met hers. The Hazel eyes drawing him crazy. Soft and delicate she was a sight to behold.

Looking up straight into his eyes she found herself losing her sanity. She couldn't deny that she found the handsome hunk in front of her attractive. Not able to utter a single word, she clutched onto his arms as they swayed on the dance floor to beats of A thousand years by Christina Perri , catching the eyes of every single person present in the hall.

Sliding his hand on her waist as her left hand held his arm while her other hand entwined with his. Naina could feel her breath hitch as they leaned backwards, he brushed his nose with her. Naina could feel her blushing once again at their close proximity.

No words were spoken. She could feel her heartbeat fasten as they continue to sway together. Their moment was cut short as they heard people around them clapping for them as the song abruptly came to an end.

Naina couldn't be more embarrassed. "Thank you for the dance, and see you later." She mutters in a small voice and quickly leaves the dance floor moving towards Rivah. He wanted to laugh out loud at her choice of words.

Standing there Rivah was watching all this with a blank look on her face, displeased to the core. She couldn't afford herself or Naina repeating the mistakes from past. She needed to get this situation under control.

As soon Naina reached towards Rivah she was surprised by the look on her face. "We are leaving Naina, go ahead I will join you in the car." Rivah orders in her cold voice. "But we-" Naina opens her mouth to say something but Rivah cuts her off. "Please Naina listen to me, we need to leave as soon as possible, you go ahead I will be there in 5 minutes." Naina couldn't understand her sudden change in behaviour, but thinking something might be serious she quietly heads out.

As Aahan stepped at the bar he was greeted by his twin's annoying shit eating grin.

"I must say one hell of a romantic dance for a workaholic person who's always busy with his work." Vihaan smirks chugging wine down his throat.

"Let's not talk about eye contact huh?" The side of his mouth lifts.

"I ship." Jay, the twins' common friend buts in.

" Piss off before I kill you both." Aahan shoots them a whitering glare.

Vihaan always loved to irritate his elder twin. Their bond was something which couldn't be explained in words. They could understand each other just with the look in their eyes.

"Ooh common now don't be a grumpy old man , I know you loved it." Vihaan teases him. "If you don't want me to kick your ass, then shut the fuck up." Aahan says with an annoyance itching his voice.

"I don't know about your twin's ass but I will surely kick your ass , if you even think of getting closer to my sister." Vihaan was about to open his mouth until he heard a strong voice from his behind. It was none other than Rivah Malhotra standing there in all her glory with an angry look on her face.

Aahan looked at her skeptically. While moving her head towards Aahan , Rivah in a cold voice said, "Stay away from her Singhania." Giving a stink eye to Vihaan, which made his smile drop, she left leaving all the three men behind her stunned.

"As heard about her, she is a Spitfire."
Jay bites his inner cheek.

Say less, Vihan couldn't agree more.

Reaching towards her car Rivah found her sound asleep with her head leaning on glass of the window. Plopping besides her in the car seat she placed the her sister head on her shoulder.

Rivah could feel herself losing all her calm tears glistening her eyes. All the memories rushing through her mind. Her heart racing at inappropriate speed, She was scared of things getting more messy than they already were. Tears sliding down her cheeks ruining her mascara.

Inhale
Exhale
Inhale
Exhale

Taking deep breaths she calmed herself down. Though from outside she portrayed herself so strong she still had her 18 year old fragile soft heart.

"Stay strong Rivah, stay strong for yourself and for Naina." she said to herself.

Asking the driver to take them to their
mansion she started patting her sister's head as Naina snuggled more into her.

----- ౨ৎ -----

Date - 05/04/23

Date - 05/04/23

A romantic Ball dance is one of my fantasies.

RIVAH - the protective sister
What might she be scared of?

Thoughts on today's chapter.