𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟕

Trapped •

Naina Malhotra will be the death of me

The moment she slid through doors I knew this was going to be one hell of an elevator ride.

"Hi." She waves at me, her voice definition of ethereal. A beaming smile plays on her rosy lips.

I don't say anything, instead of replying to her little I choose to ignore it. I can't afford distracting myself once again because of the same woman.

Probably annoyed at the lack of my response, the beaming smile slips out her face. She blinks a couple of times taking the situation in and huffs out air, focusing her attention towards the door.

I take a deep breath, but the smell of her perfume hits my nose, floral and exotic. It's still the same.

Get a fucking hold on yourself, Aahan.

I breathe out slowly as my eyes trace the curves of her body, from her slender neck to the curve of her waist and lastly to her thick thighs. Her black velvety hairs, falling free. The black maxi dress paired up a white cardigan hugged every curve of her lower half. It infuriates me because of the lack of control I have on myself around her.

My chain of thoughts was broken when the elevator came to a sudden screeching halt erupting a loud noise unpleasant to my ears. A few seconds later the lights in the elevator went out abruptly and both of us were plunged into darkness.

No, I am not a fan of movies with elevator tragedies.

For a moment there was a silence, punctuated only by Naina's heavy breathing. Dread wells inside me. She was clearly panicking, banging the doors of the lift.

"Open the door." She was shouting, trying to pry open the door.

Fuck, this isn't safe. How did she even develop claustrophobia?

Quick to my reflexes, I pressed the emergency button and snake my arm around her waist, pulling her into me and creating a safe distance between us and the door.

Fishing the phone out of my pocket, I turn on the flashlight towards her face. Sweat beads formed at her temples, each beat of her pounding heart echoed her growing fear.

I couldn't see her face, her black hair was a tangled mess, running my fingers through her hair, I tried to smoothen them out. "Shh It's okay, I'm here with you." Her breathing was shallow.

"Naina look at me." My hand grasped her chin making her look towards me. Her eyes were filled with fear. Tear stains streak down her cheeks.

"You are okay. We are okay." Was I trying to reassure her of myself? It wasn't my safety I was concerned for, it was hers.

She needs me right now, and I want to be there for her.

"I'm right here." I reassure her.

"You hear my heartbeat? Just focus on it." I press my lips to her temple as she curls up in my chest letting out her anxiety.

"Breathe. It's alright I've got you." Her hand clutches on the lapel of my suit. She makes an effort to breathe slowly and deeply, following my instructions until she's not shaking anymore.

A few minutes pass by and she sucks in a shaky gasping breath "I-I-" She stammers, her body quivering before she takes a few moments composing her. "I feel dizzy." She lets out, her voice merely a whisper. I gently massage her head with my fingers hoping it helps her in a way.

"Are we going to die?"

"Please meri to shaadi bhi nahi hui hai ab tak." This girl- Shaadi ki padi hai is vakt?

"No we aren't going to die, I will get you out of here safely." I reassure her once again, to which she gives me a jerky nod in return.

20 minutes pass by, we are still stuck in this goddamn elevator, Naina sleeps in my arms tired with her serene face resting on chest.

A few minutes later the lights of the elevator flicker on, I breathed a sigh of relief and the elevator stopped at the ground floor of the building.

The doors open revealing the concerned, wide eyed faces of her father, brother, Rivah and Vihaan? What is he even doing here, it was his day off. This bitch.

I pick her up in my arms and move out of the elevator.

"Umm, she had a panic attack in the lift and she passed out." I tell them the situation.

"Very well thank you." Kabir spoke in a harsh voice. He scoops her out of my arms and carries her to his cabin. Her father scurried behind him.

I make an attempt to move towards her but Rivah stops me.

"Don't move even one foot one foot forward." She grinds out.

"I told you to stay away from her, right?" As if I was ever going to take those words seriously.

"Let me tell you something." She folds her hands on her front.

"She had a memory loss." A
I frown at her, an uncomfortable feeling claws at my chest.

"You are joking right?" Vihaan interrupts her, his eyes open wide and a voice full of disbelief demanding an explanation. She jerks her head towards him and glares.

"Do I look like I am? It was a car accident." My throat tightens at her words and my heart slows, as my mind takes in each one of the words.

NAINA MALHOTRA
My secret best friend
My first love
My first heartbreak

I yanked open the car door and climbed in the driver's seat. Taking a deep breath I turn on my phone scrolling through the contacts I dial the number of my secretary.

"Amit, get me all the information about Naina Malhotra of the past 6 years. I need the file on my desk by today."

----- ౨ৎ -----

Date - 03/10/23

Date - 03/10/23

Don't ask me what's going on
with this story coz I myself don't
know *jokes on me*

Also the chapter 6 n 7 took place on the same day

I will try to post the next chapter soon until then Adios