Chapter 1

"BEEP BEEP BEEP," Frisk's alarm clock was practically begging her to get up. She sat up and reached out to turn it off....

"Ow," she fell on the floor. When she tried to sit up her legs wouldn't move. They were tied together by her blanket. She groaned as she kicked, feeling the blanket slide right off. Now she was able to sit up and turn off her alarm.

Frisk threw the purple blanket on to her bed, sitting on top of it. She ran her fingers in her shoulder length chocolate brown hair. 13 and already dead inside, "but then again you can't get more dead than some skeletons," she thought. Frisk giggled at the joke. She slipped into a blue sweater with pink stripes, indicating she was a minor. Frisk ran a quick brush through her hair and selected a pair of light blue jean shorts.

She had been out of school for a couple of weeks and was super excited for this morning. It had been exactly one year since the monsters escaped the underground. The first of many celebrations for years to come was happening this evening, but Frisk had some rather strange plans for the day. However, her first plan was breakfast. Toriel was making waffles in the kitchen.

"Morning mom!" Said Frisk walking down the stairs. The large goat woman turned around. She was wearing a lavender blouse and white jeans.

"Good morning my child," She smiled, " Do you know what day it is?"

"Of course, I think it's impossible for me to forget." Toriel laughed.

"Oh dear, it feels like it's only been a day since I've become your mother," She wrapped the small girl up in a big warm hug.

"Mom, you're squishing me!"

"Sorry, sorry. Well, have you put your medicine on?"

"Yep," Frisk's arm subconsciously rubbed her back.

The two ate breakfast. About an hour later Frisk started walking to Ebott. She passed Undyne's house on the way. She heard yelling but that was normal. Then she started the climb. It wasn't too hard, in

In fact , it was almost easy. She knew exactly where to step and where to avoid. Weird, she had only made the trip once....

Soon she arrived at the hole. Stairs were installed after her previous descent. She walked down the marble staircase hoping, almost praying, that he was still here. When she got to the bottom of the hole she stared at the floor, well he wasn't here but that didn't mean he wasn't anywhere.

She remembered the fall. She landed on her back. It was pretty painful, especially with her... never mind. The only thing stopping her from death was the flowers. She walked into the next room. This was where she met Flowey. The memory of that demon Flower left a different mark then it once had. Instead of seeing Flowey ,her brain could only see Asriel, the prince of the underground, and their future king, if she could help it. And she would, somehow.

Frisk continued her walk through the catacombs. It felt weird not holding Toriel's hand when she entered the spikey room. But it was pretty easy considering Toriel had rigged it so the spikes that weren't supposed to stab you wouldn't. Soon she entered Toriel's house. She smiled at the familiar atmosphere. Most of the stuff was gone when she moved to the surface, but a few things were still the same. Same stairs, same child bed, same kitchen.

The whole place smelled like a combination of butterscotch, cinnamon, and dust. The butterscotch and cinnamon smell was strongest in the kitchen. She continued her descent down The underground with the stairs. The room where she had fought Toriel, her own mother. Her wrist still bore a scar from where Toriel had burned her. It didn't hurt anymore, but for a few months she had put on cream to help it heal. She didn't have to take it anymore though.