Sports Festival Part 1

The next day at school the class was discussing what happened at the USJ but a certain question made them go quiet, "Hey Midoriya if you don't mind me asking what was that thing in your chest? I noticed it when I had to take off your chest plate." The class was confused about what Kirishima was talking about, their thoughts were interrupted by Bakugo screaming "Hey he doesn't have to answer your shitty questions if he doesn't want to!"

Izuku sighed. "It's fine Kat, they would have found out sooner or later. Might as well rip off the bandaid." The class's attention was now on Midoriya as he stood up from his chair. "All that I ask is that nobody screams and save your questions at the end of my explanation." Izuku unbuttoned his dress shirt and lifted his undershirt to show his arc reactor to the shocked class. Izuku saw Mineta about to scream bloody murder. "Hey I said no screaming grape head."

Mineta closed his mouth but his eyes still looked as if they could pop out at any second. "This is an arc reactor, it generates energy to an electromagnet inside my chest to stop shrapnel from piercing my heart. Kat, Mel, and I were walking home when a villain attacked us, he was about to launch metal at Mel but I shielded her from the attack. The arc reactor is keeping me alive while also being the power source of my armor." Izuku puts his shirt down and buttons back up and asks, "Any questions?"

Yayorozu raised her hand. "Yes, vice rep?" Yayorozu dismissed the nickname and asked, "So you're saying that you managed to create possibly the first miniature arc reactor? That's enough to power-" Before she could continue Izuku interrupts. "Enough to power something big for fifteen minutes or in my case run my heart for fifty lifetimes. Alright, any other questions?"

Kirishima raises his hand next. "Yes, Riot Jr?" Kirishima asks, "If it has that much power then how come it drains so fast?" "Well, that's because the armor has many features, the thrusters, and weapons for example. It constantly needs power so the longer I'm in the armor, the faster the power drains. Think of it like a phone but with all the apps running simultaneously. Any other questions?"

The class shook their heads and Izuku fixed his shirt and said, "All I ask in return is don't think of this as a handicap, I know the risks of what I'm doing and I'm willing to continue no matter the cost. I mean that's what being a hero is all about right?" Izuku walked back to his seat and the class was left thinking about what Izuku said, and their drive to be heroes was greater. Izuku went back to his seat and the class went back to talking until the door opened and Mr. Aizawa entered the room covered in bandages.

The class looked at him concerned but before anybody could say anything Aizawa sighed. "Not a word. I'm fine, I have an announcement. Although the USJ was attacked the sports festival will continue as planned." Iida raised his hand as he asked, "Mr. Aizawa are you sure this is a good idea after we got attacked?!" Aizawa sighed, "I'm aware that you must be concerned but UA will not show the villains weakness. The festival will continue as planned, and security will be strengthened higher than last year. This event alone will open the path to your future. I expect you all to train and not slack off."

The day continued as normal until lunch when the class started discussing the sports festival. Bakugo leaned on Izuku's desk and said smugly, "An event where I finally get to kick your ass and get noticed for it nerd." Izuku raised a brow as he smugly said back, "You think a little firecracker will outshow me?" Bakugo yelled, "What the hell did you say?!" Izuku stood up. "Uh oh sparky is angry. What else?" Uaraka yelled out to the class, "I'm gonna do my best!" "And now Miss Goody two shoes, not good. I'm gonna get out of here before somebody else explodes."

Once everybody cooled down they left for lunch and are now sitting down talking about why they want to be heroes. Uaraka asks, "So why do you guys want to become heroes?" Izuku points at Bakugo and says, "This guy wants to become the number one and will do it by exploding everyone and everything that comes his way. Sounds a little anticlimactic if you ask me."