♕⋆: 𝓭𝓪𝔂𝓷𝓮 :⋆♕

October 10th

Dear Willa,

I don't know if you've been waiting, but if you have been, I'm sorry to just now put this letter in the mailbox for you. I wasn't sure what to do with your letter to be honest...

Even though you weren't really asking, the pink door is for my mom. She has breast cancer and so my sister insisted we paint the door pink when she got back from surgery. I didn't like the idea of living in a house with a pink door but I guess it was worth it to see my mom's happy tears. So that answers your non-question.

As for who lives here: it's me and my family. Which I guess doesn't give you any clue... I'm Dayne. I'm eighteen. I turn nineteen in December so we're basically the same age. So I guess that means no old lady muffins, though my sister Paisley, who's fifteen, might make you some if I ever told her I was talking to you. Or writing to you. Whatever you want to call this.

I'm not so sure you want to be my friend. I kind of have a bad track record for "friendship." But maybe you'd want to be Paisley's. I might send her out to get the next letter. She'd have a lot of fun with this.

Or maybe not since I'm now interested in knowing what book you're reading currently. I'm more into graphic novels and stuff like that but I think reading is still cool no matter what anyone else says. Sense and Sensibility is a classic and my mom could talk hours about it with you. In fact, maybe she would be the better choice over Paisley, though you'd loose your muffin benefits.

Wow, I wrote a lot. Maybe it's to make up for the days I ignored you. Sorry again. I'm not good at stuff like this... Whatever stuff like this is.

I might get your next letter or it might be my mom or Paisley. We'll see.

Sincerely,
Dayne

P.S. Sorry for my bad handwriting. You're right. Typing has ruined me but if we continue this, I might be able to fix it.

─♕⋆:⋆♕─

there is dayne's letter back! i happened to have some more free time so thought i'd write another part for you. thanks for reading this part too!

with love,
meadow may <3