♕⋆: 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁𝒶 :⋆♕

October 8th

Dear Dayne,

You responded! I was beginning to wonder. But don't worry. I now have full faith in you and our new developing friendship.

I'm sorry to hear about your mom... I know you probably hear that all the time but I can't even imagine. How is she doing by the way? Did the surgery help? I know these are some personal questions so you don't have to answer them if it makes you uncomfortable. I know it'd be hard to answer them if I were in your situation.

Your mom and sister sound wonderful but I'm really glad you responded. While muffin perks sound delicious, I'm thrilled that you answered instead of your sister because we're nearly the same age! What day is your birthday in December? Friends need to know such things as birthdays, you know, so that they can plan on the best gifts.

Speaking of, what are your favorite comic books? Any that you've been wanting that I could get for you for your birthday? I haven't read very many (just a few when I was younger) but that can always change if you give me some good recommendations. We could even make a deal: I read your books while you read mine. I'm sure it would make your mom even happier than seeing the pink door if you read Sense and Sensibility. It's a good book anyway, but there's always the benefit of parent points (as I always called them when I was little).

It's almost time for my walk to the library. I read a little poetry book these past few days and it was gorgeous. Thinking about maybe getting another. We'll see. Maybe you can help me pick what genre I read next. I'm open to anything.

By the way (before I go), you say you're not good in the friend department... but you seem pretty cool to me. I hope you give this a chance. I like being able to talk to someone even if it's through a pen and paper.

Eat a good muffin for me if Paisley makes them.

With love,
Willa <3

P.S. You're handwriting isn't the worst I've seen honestly. But everyone can use a little practice in everything from time to time I suppose ;)