XVI

We've spent the whole of this morning unpacking boxes, and it feels like we've gotten nowhere. A bit like when you have a big meal and no matter how much you eat, nothing goes. Lando has so much stuff to unpack that it's unreal; most of it is decorations, and shelves for said decorations! My hands literally feel like cardboard after unpacking and going through them for hours and hours on end.

"Let's go out." Lando states out of nowhere, getting up to go and grab some things. "I've had enough unpacking for today."

"Now I see why it's taken you so long to unpack." I tease, earning a scowl back. "Let me go and get ready, then I'll come with you."

"You're already dressed?" Lando frowns.

"Yeah, dressed for unpacking, not dressed for Monte Carlo." I scoff, gesturing to my outfit. "Give me a couple of minutes, I won't be long."

God, all this getting ready to go out has been to death of me. Getting ready to go on camera, getting ready to sneak onto a plane, getting ready to go out in Monaco. The second I get home, you best bet I am putting on my laziest, most basic outfit ever and doing absolutely fuck all! I throw on an ivy coloured, high waisted, long skirt with a slit in and a white tank top. Yes, simple. And what? I put on a little bit of make up, grab my glasses and make my way back out to the kitchen again.

"Oh, you changed too!" I defend myself, gesturing to Lando's new outfit.

"I was dressed for unpacking, not for Monte Carlo!" He mimics me in a high pitched tone, laughing when I roll my eyes at him.

"Don't test me." I warn him teasingly, pointing at him as we both get to the door.

"Or what?" Lando challenges, tilting his head to the side.

I raise my eyebrows back at him, but my heart is racing. I'm no expert when it comes to flirting or noticing it, but I believe that was somewhat meant to be flirty! We both stay silent, not a single word comes from my mouth to answer Lando. I look him up and down, taking my sweet, sweet time with it before turning the door knob.

Only to find out it's locked.

"Wow." Lando nods, our moment now turned into a joke.

"Smooth, right?" I nod back, causing him to burst into laughter.

I step aside, letting Lando move past me whilst he continues to laugh like a hyena. This man struggles to contain his laugh, doesn't he? Even over the little things!

The minute we left the building, the heat overwhelmed me, like throwing a blanket on my head and covering my entire body. The view at daytime is completely different to night time; you can see the ocean for miles on end, until it looks like it's just falling off the Earth. (I know the earth isn't flat, by the way). The cream coloured tiles along the pavement look so much nicer than the cement ones in the UK, and all of the buildings look like they've been intricately designed by an antique architect. Not a single place looks the same, but they all work together like magic. Everyone that passes by is dressed to perfection, as if a good fashion sense is their second nature.

"Did you hear anything I just said?"

Nope.

"Sorry?" My head spins to face Lando, completely in my own world. "No, I was just looking at... everything!"

"You've only been here for 24 hours and you're loving it." Lando chuckles, looking at the boats bobbing on the docks.

"Can you blame me?" The words come out way before I start thinking about them. "The UK is so boring compared to this."

"You get used to it when you live here." Lando explains, getting a pair of sunglasses from his pocket and putting them on.

"Especially when you live on your own." I add, trying not to smirk.