The encounter

As I saw the last beams of light come from the horizon,I knew,I must prepare for the night,they would be here soon....

I saw the moon rise up into the skies only to be covered by the clouds,leaving no light to see in this dark place,even then I knew this wasn't over,they were here,I hid under my last minute effort of a refuge,they were close but never really came to me,they knew I was there but they just watched.

Why?,I asked myself, why dont they come?,I then realized,they aren't here for me,they are here for my fear and despair.

I tried calming myself but then,right infront of me,stood a figure,just as tall as the trees but at the same time so thin and slender,as if seeing a moving waterfall, it kneeled down ,and from its seemingly hollow head, it opened its mouth.

I closed my eyes,waiting for the worst,but nothing happened,I opened my eyes but to my suprise,it was gone,they were all gone,suddenly the moon shined powerfully in the starry sky,I waited until morning,as I would not sleep after what I just experienced,to this day,I've never seen them again,I'm sure they still roam this forest,but I can't confirm or deny anything,after all what can I do when apparitions stalk the night?.

[End]

Author:Dynex