Dark history ~ Alina

"I've always wondered how you never managed to find out you were grisha" I say plainly.
Alina scoffs and smiles.
"Well I'm not sure if you noticed but I never really wanted to find out." She admits, looking out the window.

Her black glowing hair brushed past her shoulders slightly. I took in her sight. For a sun summoner, she looked like she was summoning with no power whatsoever.
I smiled warmly and looked away, hoping she wouldn't notice the slight blush that began on my face.

"You're grisha yourself, so I don't think you have room to talk" she said with a sarcastic smile on her face.
I roll my eyes. "Well, I knew when I was young. Not when I got older"

She scoffs and attempts to make eye contact.
"I was in love"
I raise a brow at her. So much for making this conversation humble and comfortable.
"What does love have to do with knowing the most powerful powers within you?" I ask.
I try and seem smart when I ask it.

I don't think she noticed that I was trying to look like I wasn't offended.
"Well, maybe not love per say. But I liked a boy to much to find out if I was grisha. I knew what they'd do to me" she admits.

I suddenly understand what she's saying. I realize she liked my brother, Mal. I'm not doubting she still does.
She bats eyes with him all the time. It's sickening sometimes.

"You say his name without actually saying Alina. I know who you're talking about. I'm not stupid"
I say plainly. I stand up from my chair and walk to the window seal.
I perch myself onto and it and tug my legs into my chest.

"Mal was—" she starts. I cut her off.
"I know what my own brother was like Alina. No need to tell me things I already know" I explain.
She looks at me with a upset look on her face.
She looks as if Mal was here telling her he didn't love her.

"I'm sorry... I don't really know what to say to you right now" she admits, pushing her hair out of her face.
"Exactly. You never know what to say to anyone because that's all you know how to do. You spend all this time talking to people and then you freeze and don't know what to say to them" I explain.

"Do you still love him?"
When she says nothing tears build in my eyes. I knew the answer when I looked at her. Her face said it all.
I let out an angry huff and wipe the tears that fought to spill.
I feel Alina jump onto the window seal and sit down. Our legs are touching a lot.
They are inter whined with each other.

I shudder at the feeling. "Alina.." I whisper.
She waits for me to continue, but I don't.
When I attempt to get of the window seal, she grabs my wrist and pulls me closer to her.
Our faces are inches from each other.

I feel her hot breath on my neck. It sends hot shivers down my spin. I let out a desperate whimper.
For a second I feel like I want her. Need her.
But then I wonder if she'd ever be able to return the feeling.
I sigh deeply and push her away so she lets go of my wrist.

She jumps off the window seal and tries to grab my wrist again.
"No..Alina..this is wrong. I can't love you if you love someone else." I say.
Tears fall down my face this time. I let them fall with no fought left in me.

"But...Y/n..You can't just leave! We can figure it out"
She begs.
I look her in the eye. "No, you can figure it out. If you want to love him you can. But I will not be the person you settle for just because you can not have him. I won't do it" ( IYKYK)

She looks at me with tears in her eyes. She shakes her head slightly.
"Fine" she says angrily.
I scoff. I want to hear her say that she wants me too.

"Is that really all you have to say to me? After everything...that's it?" I say, hoping to at least get something out of her.
She nods slowly and turns her back away from me.

I sigh and nod. I turn away and let out a small croaking sob.
Maybe this really was it. I wouldn't look at Alina the same if I walked out this door knowing she still wanted Mal after everything.

I would look at her like I'd never met her before.
The same girl I met when I was younger was the girl who became the biggest traitor I've met.

I turn back. She was already looking at me.
"I love you" I whisper before leaving the room completely.

________
Hey guys! This is my first imagine and I hope you like it!
Requests are open btw!