Blood and Posion ~ Kaz

"I'm still wondering how you do it" Jesper announced, coming into the room.
He had a drink in his hand. He twirled it around and sat down next to me.
He set his hand on my thigh.

Inej peered her head up. She was hidden in the shadows but... Jesper didn't need to know that.
"Do what?" I ask grabbing his drink and downing the rest of it.
He scoffs and takes back the glass that was now emptied.
"That" he says.

I laugh slightly. "What is it really?" I'm curious now. Usually whatever Jesper says is usually 90% of the time stupid.
"How you manage to knock Kaz of his feet all the time? And I don't mean literally"
I grimace at what he's saying.

Before I could answer Nina joins in.
"She doesn't knock him off his feet. That's just odd sounding for Kaz. What she really does is make his heart rate skyrocket"
I smile so no one could see. Nina was definitely right about that.

She and I are both heartrenders. I can hear and feel everything his heart tells me.
It's a sweet sensation.
"I mean I'm quite good at doing that to everyone aren't I?" I say as I twirl my knife around.

"Yes but Kaz is a tough person the see through" Inej says as she comes out of the shadows.
"I'd think I'd know that by now" I say shrugging off Jespers hand.
I stand up and place my knife back into its slot.

I dust off my shoulders and push my hair behind it.
"Well good night everyone. I hope you're dreams haunt you" I say smirking. I sway my hips slightly as I walk.

"That's the Y/n I know" I hear Nina whisper
I laugh slightly as I head to my room.
I suddenly pass Kazs room. I stop and hesitate.
I lift my hand and it hovers over the door.
I knock slightly.

I wait...and wait until I hear a, "Come in" I can barely hear him but I hear it.
His heartbeat speeds. He hasn't even seen me yet and I can hear his heart beating fast.
I peer open the door and lean against the doorframe (hehe)

"I thought that was you" he says not looking up from his papers.
I sigh. "You always know it's me"
He smirks slightly. "You're right. I do"
I get up from the door frame and walk over to his desk.

When he doesn't say anything, I walk over to his window seal and preach myself onto it.
I know he doesn't mind me here. He usually never knows I'm sitting here.
Which isn't how I ever want him to see me. I want him to always notice me.

But who can ever have that kind of life with someone like Kaz?
"Pekka has given me a job. But I need everyone for it" I hear him say.
I turn my head over to him and sit up slightly.
"What does he want you to do?"
I should have said all of us.

"I'll explain it later. When everyone is rested"
I scoff. "Since when do you care about our rest? You practically work us to death. It feels like it's never about the money anymore." as the words left my mouth I suddenly feel regret.
I almost thought that maybe I should have been grateful for the fact that he even considered our rest.

"I'm sorry kaz. I don't know why I said that.. I-"
I stop. Unable to explain why I said it at all.
I sigh and snap my eyes shut.
"Whatever you do, be careful" is all he says, referring back to the job Pekka had given him.

I nod. I sigh and look out of the window.
I feel Kaz walk over to me.
His gloved hand slithered on my knee.
"What must I be careful for?" I ask
"Blood and poison. The two things to make your enemy's goes wild"
He grins slightly and walks off...

Leaving me with my thoughts and a knife

__________

You guys I am so sorry for not posting!! My life has been sooooo busy and I'm going through a lot right now, so here is a sweet but short one for you!

Requests are open for you!