Chapter One

I hastily packed Freddie's backpack for nursery, making sure his favourite water bottle was tucked inside.

God knows his bloody Dad won't do anything. 

"What time will you be picking him up today?" I called out to Liam. 

"I'm not sure, probably late again. Please could you pick him up?"

I rolled my eyes in frustration, it's the same shit every day. I don't even know why he couldn't just be bloody careful in the first place. 

"Please, you know he hates when I do it."

"Only because you never bother with him," I muttered under my breath. "Fine, but only today because I have school tomorrow, remember?"

"Yeah nah I'll make sure I'm finishing early this week. Thank you, you're the best sister ever!" Liam shouted as he dashed out the door.

"Yeah, I fucking know."

The door opened slightly with Liam's big ass head shoved in the gap, "Oh, by the way, I managed to get next Wednesday off to go visit Mum and Dad's plot."

"Great, 'cause that's not depressing at all." I huffed sarcastically. 

"It'll be good for you to go. Plus it's coming up to two years."

"Yeah, yeah, I know," I sighed.

"Alright, well, I'll see you later. Thanks again."

And with that, he was gone. For real this time.

I turned to Freddie who was watching tv with his little tiger teddy stuffed in his mouth. I swear, that thing goes everywhere with him.

"Okay Freddo, time to leave."

He struggled to his feet, taking in his surroundings with his big doe eyes as he plodded innocently to meet me at the door.

"Ready Fred?" I watched as he tried to hide his grin as best he could.

I strapped him into his car seat before hopping in the driver's side, cautiously following the route I'd memorised off the back of my hand.

Miraculously, we arrived on time. Not that they'd mind if we were late, but I preferred to be early.

Freddie walked alongside me, holding onto my sleeve as we entered the building.

"Hiya Fredster, nice to see ya." His favourite teacher chimed, earning a chuckle from Freddie who had decided to hide behind me.

"I'm pretty sure he loves you more than he loves me at this point." I laughed.

She gasped, crouching down to look at Freddie, "No, that can't be true. You love your aunt loads and loads and loads and loads." She exaggerated, dragging out the last two words.

At this point, Freddie was giggling so much he started stumbling all over the place, tripping over his feet.

"They're so easily entertained, aren't they?" I said sarcastically.

"Oh, don't even. At least he knows what he wants. The others are all so indecisive. Speaking of which, we have a new kid coming in today with a similar situation to Freddie. I was wondering if you might give more thought to that support group idea?" She smiled pleadingly.

I rolled my eyes, "Fine, I'll consider it. I still have to go to school and I don't know how reliable Liam will be, so you'll have to bear with me."

"Fine by me, at least you'll think about it." She shrugged.

"Yes ma'am." I turned around to say goodbye to Freddie, "Right, I'm going now. Have fun." 

He trotted off into the room, his teacher following closely behind. 

Great, now that's done I can finally prepare for school tomorrow.

I got back in the car and started it up, carefully checking my surroundings as I turned out of the car park.

My foot immediately slammed down on the break as some absolute fucking tosser sped around the corner, attempting to enter the car park.

I reversed to give them room, even though I shouldn't bloody have to. This nutter shouldn't have been speeding around a nursery.

Clearly, they weren't in that much of a rush because they stopped next to me and rolled their window down.

Great, here we go.

"Don't you bloody look where you're going? There's only enough room for one car."

"Yeah, no shit." I muttered, rolling my window down, "Sorry mate," I sighed, attempting to shorten this encounter. 

"You should be sorry, now I'm even more late for work."

"Uh huh, well have a good rest of your day," I replied, rolling my window back up and waiting for them to get out of my way

I really fucking hope this hobo doesn't work there. If they're that impatient on the roads then how impatient would they be with the kids?