Chapter Three

"Who can tell me the formula to calculate gravitational pull?" Miss Phoenix asked, she was stood at the front of the class. Apparently, she's trying to test our memory. 

I kept silent whilst the rest of the class put their hand up.

"Edwards?" 

Of course.

"F = GMm r2."

She nodded, "Good. It would be nice if you could actually participate in my lesson."

"It would be nice if you didn't keep picking on me," I muttered.

"What was that?"

"Nothing." I sighed. 

She waited for me to continue, but I stayed silent. 

"Next time you turn up to my lesson, you can leave your attitude at the door."

"Yes, ma'am."

The lesson dragged on, as usual. My excitement for football training probably didn't help much, but that's okay.

I'm not the best, but it gives me something to do, especially since I've got ages until I have to pick Freddie up.

The bell finally rang, allowing us freedom from this hellish class.

I got outta there as soon as I could before she could hold me back, almost running to the changing rooms.

"You alright there, Francis?" Stewart questioned.

"Fuck science."

"That bad, ey?" He chuckled.

"Aye." 

"Go get ready. I'll see you on the field. You can take that anger out on the ball." He said behind him as he entered the PE office.

"Aight," I mumbled.

Stewart was my Dad's best mate. He also happened to be my PE teacher and football coach. He's practically family.

I quickly got changed into my PE kit before strolling out to the field.

"Alright, you lot pair up and start practising passes." I heard Stewart tell the rest of the team.

"Usual?" I called out to him.

"Of course." He smiled.

We passed the ball between us for a bit, catching up about shit.

"How's Freddie?"

"Aye yeah, he's good. Liam is being a bit of a prick at the moment, but that's life, I guess." 

"Sounds like fun." He smiled sympathetically 

"Uh-huh, thanks." I kicked the ball a bit too hard, and it flew past Stewart

I flinched as it nearly hit someone, squeezing my eyes shut in preparation for the worst.

"Nice one, Frankie." He chuckled.

I hesitantly opened my eyes.

He raised his eyebrow, "You gonna go get that?"

"I don't think I need to..." I mumbled.

He looked at me confused, turning around, "Ah, I see. New science teacher?" 

"Aye... Brace yourself." 

He laughed, "Uh huh.

"Hello, Miss." He greeted.

"Afternoon, Mr Doyle. I couldn't help but notice your training partner here has a bit of an obnoxious kick."

I rolled my eyes.