9

It was 8:30 at night when Abhiraj and Aanya reached Dehradun, Aanya's company had a branch in Dehradun and due to some issues she was sent here for checking it whereas Abiraj had a meeting with his client regarding the mall design he was constructing

It was 8:30 at night when Abhiraj and Aanya reached Dehradun, Aanya's company had a branch in Dehradun and due to some issues she was sent here for checking it whereas Abiraj had a meeting with his client regarding the mall design he was constructing. Abhiraj owned an Architecture firm and you can say that it was among top 10 in India.

After having dinner both of them were sitting on terrace of row house alloted to Aanya by her company.

"Can I ask you something Abhiraj?"

"Hmm"

"Is there something not right between Siya and you,sorry if I am interfering but you both don't seem like a normal couple to me"

Abiraj chuckled

"Normal couple?we are not even a couple Aanya. It's been 27yrs to our marriage, to me she is the same stranger who I married on my mother's insistence. A stranger who is mother of my children. In these years we have hardly talked about anything apart from our family whenever necessary"

Aanya could just stare at him in disbelief

"What is wrong with you abhi!?"

"How can I accept her as my wife Anu when I had already planned my whole life with you!" Exclaimed Abiraj

"Planned a whole life with me? A life you planned even before proposing me, were you that sure about me being in love with you that you had "our" future planned?"

"Where did I lacked Anu, what were your expectations from a husband that you didn't saw them in me?"

"I never had any expectations because I never wanted a husband. After seeing my parents broken marriage I didn't believed in the concept of marriage and you were my best friend Abhi I had told you how I never wanted to get married.I wanted to build a career. Yes marriage is important but it was never for me! And you are saying that you don't consider Siya as your wife right?"

Abiraj simply nodded too stunted to speak at her outburst

" In this one week I spent at your home I saw how dependent you are on Siya and how dependent she is on you. I have seen how everyday your clothes are ironed and kept before you come out of bathroom, how you get frustrated if the tea is not made by siya ,how your plate doesn't have chillies in it,how there is always a sweet dish present at the end of the meal because you have a sweet tooth or how you don't forget to keep her medicines on hall's table because Siya has spondilitis and if I continue the list night won't be enough"

"Just think Abhiraj what will happen one day if you lost siya"

"No!!" Shouted Abhiraj

"Why? She isn't your wife right? If you cannot keep her happy let her go,let her get her chance to find love and nowadays it's common to get married even at the age of 45, don't you think she also deserves someone who will cherish her,ask about her day, talk to her normally will make her laugh, someone who will make her life worth living? can you see her with someone else?"

Just thinking about a morning without seeing her face seemed terrifying to Abhiraj. he is not able to imagine a day without her and Aanya is saying about her getting married to someone else? No and big fat Capital NO! After hearing Aanya today Abiraj realised somewhere in these years he stopped missing Aanya as someone he loved, she was just his best friend who he had met years ago.

Today he realised that indeed first love is special but there can be only one true love. He has made mistakes and he is ready for the punishment! But he can't let go Siya. Not when he realised that there is no Raj without Siya. He loves her and he is ready to beg for her forgiveness but before all his he needs to confess!

But as people say 'kabhi kabhi Insaan ki Khushi ko khud ki Nazar lag jaati hai' His phone rang and whatever he heard indicated that he was too late because Siya was in Hospital on her deathbed.